1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This team needs more offense!!!!

"...Our fantastic pitching staff has hit a slump and there is no offense to bail them out!.."

OK... so what you are saying this Red Sox team, that won the 2007 World Series, won 95 games this season, is one of 4 teams left standing in the 2008 baseball season, because, heaven forbid, they hit a slump, at the worst time possible, needs an overhaul? FIRST - the FAT LADY is not in the stadium yet! SECOND - teams DO come out of slumps! THREE - it is so easy to Monday Morning quarterback this when you are not the manager/owner of the team. There is a reason the Sox have done what they have done since 2004, the management and current players. Quit being a cry baby!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

AGCSBILL, WHY DON'T YOU TAKEAN ANALYTICAL LOOK AT THIS
    TEAM INSTEAD OF CHEERLEADING. WE ONLY WON IN 2004 AND 2007
    BECAUSE OF MANNY AND A HEALTHY PAPI. WE HAVE NO HITTING
    ANYMORE, SO PITCHERS CAN WORK AROUND PAPI. YOUK AND
    BAY ARE OK BUT WE DO NOT HAVE AN A ROD TO REPLACE
    MANNY, SO NOW THAT MANNY IS OLD AND GONE, AND PAPI IS
    INJURED, WE ARE SITTING DUCKS. OUR PITCHING IS OK, BUT
    OUR HITTING IS SUB PAR AND WITH MANNY GONE, WE ARE
    THROUGH.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvthebosox. Show luvthebosox's posts

This team needs pitching...not offense. Pitching is 70% of the game. A good pitcher will get a good hitter out 70% of the time.
    The pitching staff for the Rays in this series is SIMPLY pitching better than the Red Sox pitchers...period!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seair. Show seair's posts

As difficult as it sounds, some fans need to learn how to tip a cap to the better team. And realize you can't win em all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbfrogger. Show cbfrogger's posts

what is a "point"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpeck420. Show mpeck420's posts

What really sucks is Tampa Bay is outscoring the Patriots too. Oh well. We've been here before, lets get game 5.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedyaz2. Show tedyaz2's posts

Big Papi sucks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Excuse me, the hitting is the problem???? That is so incredibly stupid. The Sox won the first game when they only scored 2 runs because the pitching was great. And they lost the second game because Beckett, et al, gave up 9 runs. And the third and fourth games because Lester and Wakefield, et al, gave up 22 runs and counting. The Yankees' murderers' row back in the 1920's and 1930's could not have won these games.
    And we won in 2004 and 2007 because we had great pitching. I happen to agree that Ortiz/Ramirez was pretty special, but those teams don't get to the playoffs, let alone win them, without great pitching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]AGCSBILL, WHY DON'T YOU TAKEAN ANALYTICAL LOOK AT THIS
    TEAM INSTEAD OF CHEERLEADING. WE ONLY WON IN 2004 AND 2007
    BECAUSE OF MANNY AND A HEALTHY PAPI. WE HAVE NO HITTING
    ANYMORE, SO PITCHERS CAN WORK AROUND PAPI. YOUK AND
    BAY ARE OK BUT WE DO NOT HAVE AN A ROD TO REPLACE
    MANNY, SO NOW THAT MANNY IS OLD AND GONE, AND PAPI IS
    INJURED, WE ARE SITTING DUCKS. OUR PITCHING IS OK, BUT
    OUR HITTING IS SUB PAR AND WITH MANNY GONE, WE ARE
    THROUGH.[/Quote]

Marstan... First.. you have to give this team credit for what they have done and so many posters here are kicking down the VERY SAME players who won these WS for their fans. They LOVED them when they won.. now when they are down, they are kicking them further down, THAT I don't see a place for here. I am trying to temper that tone.

As to your "analytical request".. your second paragraph sez it all... this team changed since the first game of the season. Who would have thought Papi would have the wrist injury, Beckett going down for a while, Lowelll out of the series, JD starting red hot, for once, and then his back flairs up and guess what, when Papi was down, who stepped up... JD!! Timlin also had his injuries and he may not be 100%. Dice-K improved alot, better than most expected. The bullpen didn't pull its weight this year, the same bullpen that led the majors last year. The Manny being a bad Manny... he did QUIT on this team for selfish reasons. When Bay showed up, Red Sox Nation was in love, Manny wasn't missed much at all. But, since he became "re-born" in LA, folks here bemoan that fact. I don't think the Manny we are seeing in LA would have existed here at the end of the season or in the playoffs. The Sox have a GREAT young core, Lester, Ped, Els, Masterson, Paps, and more in the minors.. Beckett will be back, Papi will have an off season to realyy get that wrist healed and Lowell did not drop off frm last year, despite the many who thought he was too old.. too bad his hip failed him this year. All in all... the Sox are one of two left standing in the AL... give them props for that given many did not give them a chance against the Halos.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Why do ya think I was calling for a bat...one of the 20+_ guys on the farm? (I mentioned this in many posts.)

Instead, they looked at a defensive glove; changed it to Timlin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]Where are you agcs? I want to hear your response, I would love to hear your reasoning for what we're seeing right now? What would you do to fix this offense next year? Again, Im not saying this is over but, it's obvious that the Sox need umf in this lineup!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO MRS.???[/Quote]

What would I do... have SOME faith in the same players who brought this team to this ALCS!! If I recall... this is game # FOUR of a best of SEVEN. I did respond to marstan... Do you revamp a team because of slumps? It is unfortunate for BOTH Els and Ped to slump at the same time, though Ped has brought it back some. Papi, is not Papi.. he needs full rest for that wrist.. you can tell he doesn't have the same swing. The bullpen, probably more than any element of the team, save for Paps, let the team down.. how many times did they blow a lead this year? the starters.. Beckett, Dice-K, Lester, make a very solid core... Buckholtz.. can he be ready next year? I don;t think a lot needs to be done.. need players to get healthy again... JD, Lowell, Papi, Beckett.. Bay is a great replacement for Manny as a TEAM player. He is young.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccb2006. Show ccb2006's posts

[Quote]
    What I find hilarious is you have been owned by Tampa Bay this whole season and you keep talking about what your team is doing wrong. Face it this team is washed up and over the hill and the RAYS are just better in all facets of the game.

YOU GOT FLAT OUT OWNED BY THE RAYS. ALL I AM HOPING FOR NOW IS SEEING THE RAYS CLINCH THE SERIES IN BOSTON AND SENDING YOU BACK TO YOUR 86 MORE YEARS OF MEDIOCRITY.

Yankees and Boston salaries combined $342M Tampa Bay salaries $44M.
    Looks like money can't buy talent and heart.

Enjoy the cold nasty winter from sunny Tampa
    [/Quote]

Get lost Birdsh*tman68 you're only here to troll...