1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

To All Delusional Patriots Fans

does this mean we shouldnt support the team?just quit being a fan?maybe even have a little faith?sure the team is hurting,but some of us have seen worse patriot teams,and seasons.and we cheered all the way to the last game.sure its a dissapointment,but a fan will always be a fan.we are 3-2.havent played tonights game yet so we dont know yet how we may look.and there is a lot of football left.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

I don't understand, cause Doesn't Your San Diego Chargers have a Worse record than Our Patriots? Indy? I mean again, Is THIS just a theory based on nostatistical evidence whatsoever, because I feel inclined to tell you candidly that I have a Theory that God's a Robot, but, well, I'm not going to go into details and make myself look like a fool...unlike someone else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The Pats don't have a running game or a passing game. Their offense is on par with the Red Sox- ineffective. So, when the defense doesn't play perfectly (they don't), the Pats will lose.

Let's make that simpler for those who didn't get that. If the Pats cannot keep the opposing team from scoring less than 20 points- they lose, simply put. In fact, sometimes, the threshold less than that.

What's wrong with waiting for Brady? The rest of the team seems to be doing it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsman101. Show patsman101's posts

i love the pats we as pats fans have to support them throught the good and the bad and we also have to support matt cassel no matter what we have the best coach in football if anyone can get this team to work it's bill so tonight lets show them sopport and show the world that the pats have the best fans and are the best team in football no matter win or lose the pats will always be # 1 in my book

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

Guide, ahhhhh, That pic is the best, Hey We were talking about The Shining in Time Out Thread, Ya wanna know what I saw for the first time, another Stanley Kubrick Classic..."Doctor Strangelove." Now, I'm thinking about starting to build my OWN Bomb Shelter, and stocking with a ratio of 12:1 Women to Men lol!

PatsFan, Excellent Post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

[Quote]Sean, the world ends on 12/21/12, this according the Mayan calendar, and Nostrodomus. So get building man and start hoarding food,gas and women.....LOL!

Delusional....Ha! everyone knows God is a robot.[/Quote]

LMAO with that final sentence, Hey I'm a psycho believer in the Mayan Calender, seriously. Let's talk in Time Out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They look very good tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Signsomebodyalready -

Have you never heard the words "Hope springs eternal?" Hope is what keeps people going when times are tough. Without hope you admit defeat. To admit defeat prematurely is foolish.

Point is: Sure, you can keep things in perspective, but you don't have to sacrifice your passion for the team in the process. Chill buddy.

Laurie

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Always funny to see posts from trolls like yourself. It has to be tough for you to watch the Patriots. Especially this year, when Brady is hurt. You are probably a Charger fan. Got all psyched up, over last week. You are here barking on a Patriots blog this week, because deep down, you know the Patriots will spoil any chance your team has of advancing past the Patriots in the playoffs. The Patriots tend to do that.

Plain and simple, Cassell and the Patriots will get better through the season. They have the best coaches, veterans, and attitudes in the NFL. Cassell is not Tom Brady, but these are still the New England Patriots. I'm sorry you are going to have to deal with that. It will be embarassing for you later, in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ne2vapatsfan1. Show ne2vapatsfan1's posts

If the Pats cannot keep the opposing team from scoring less than 20 points- they lose, simply put. In fact, sometimes, the threshold less than that.
    Isn't that true for ANY team?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

There is no such thing as a re-building year in New England. They will find there way into the playoffs. Cassel is getting better every week. If the O-line can get him a little better protection he'll be fine. Now that Maroney is gone, this RB by committee approach will come to an end, and a feature back (like Morris, see last night's game) can give some rythm to our running game.

The defense played with tremendous inspiration last night. They were flying around the field, against an excellent offense. They will have trouble replacing Harrison, he seems about two days away from retirement after last nights injury. People will say "Call Lynch back!" but if he still had it, he'd be in uniform already. We'll see what happens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

[Quote]Yeah, I'm a troll that's been on this board since 2006. And I LOVE the Chargers and Colts. Actually, the one thing that makes this year okay is that the COLTS SUCK!!! Check out some other posts jackass. I'm just tired of people that actually think this is a Super Bowl team. It's embarassing to think that some fans cannot just say "Hey, this isn't our year." I'm not saying not to support them, but enough with the 2001 comparisons. it is delusional. Sorry.[/Quote]

It's not our year, but that doesn't mean after game 6 of the season to write off any playoff hopes. There aren't many good teams this year. Chargers? Indy? They are in the same boat. You want to quit, go right ahead!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Cassel is getting better. He has a ways to go yet and he'll never be Brady. But we need game management and no turnovers from him, and that's exactly what we got last night. Now I know you'll come back with "it was Denver--they suck". One can say that for any team that loses. It's always something--"they can't play defense", "they can't pass", "they can't run". If you are a Patriots fan--take this win and move on. It was their best complete game so far this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

SSBA,

You are just beating your head against the wall here TROLL!!! (kidding - I believe you)

Seriously though, look around the league and tell me who IS a chamionship caliber team this year. You can pick apart just about every "contender" out there, including the Pats, for major holes in their game.

The Titans - Kerry Collins, seriously???

I think everybody here (including myself) see reasons to hope and believe in this team. We are the 2008 Patriots and nobody else - the team and coaching staff is still getting used to this as much or more than the fans.

This team shows promise. This team is learning, adjusting, and fitting better in their new skin every week. This team needs you not to give up on them. BB is still our coach, and thus we will take things one week at a time and continue to improve throughout the season. This is the Patriot way.

Welcome back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

Is your sense of "realism" short term or long term?

Here - let's look at the short term...

Next week, the Pats play St. Louis, and I really like them to win that one.

Next up is the Colts, in yet another prime time showdown, and right now I like the Pats at better than even money in that game.

Then we have 3 straight division games, and that, I believe, will set the tone for the rest of the season. If they do well there, it augers very well for them.

Buffalo has looked good, but I've seen a lot of teams over the years bolt out of the gates really fast, only to slow down and fade as the season wears on. I'm not saying that is the case here, but I am saying, let's wait a bit and see how it all unfolds.

It's not like the Pats have all of a sudden become chipped beef because they've lost Brady. It's not like they're a team totally devoid of talent. They're having a little difficulty adjusting to the loss of one of the game's all-time great QBs, and you don't do such a thing in 15 minutes. It takes a little time.

Although they have no Brady, no Maroney, no Harrison, they do have Bill Belichick, and that's enough, I think, to counter the effects of these losses.

They may or may not make the playoffs this year - it's impossible to tell 7 weeks into the season. But at this point in time, they are sitting prettier than many other teams out there, and they've done that in spite of all that's happened to them.

The other side of that coin is, it also appears the worst is over for them.

Given that, I look forward to the remainder of the season with great anticipation!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

The problem is telling people to just give up on their team. Sorry, you're not allowed to do that. They are 4-2. They haven't been eliminated yet and everyone has a right to support them.

"Just give up, folks. There's nothing to see here."

I say, "Never stop fighting until the fight is done."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from politicod. Show politicod's posts

[Quote]The Pats don't have a running game or a passing game. Their offense is on par with the Red Sox- ineffective. So, when the defense doesn't play perfectly (they don't), the Pats will lose.

Let's make that simpler for those who didn't get that. If the Pats cannot keep the opposing team from scoring less than 20 points- they lose, simply put. In fact, sometimes, the threshold less than that.

What's wrong with waiting for Brady? The rest of the team seems to be doing it.[/Quote]The New York Post is reporting that Tom and Giselle are getting married--in New York--so it looks like Tom will be out for the year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

While signsomebody isn't a troll, he is a "half empty" kind of person. We all know this team won't be as good without Brady, but I've heard noone talking about the SB lately! There are certainly some holes in their game, but still they're 4-2. At the least it seems Cassel is getting better in the red zone. Three TD passes isn't so bad. Of course they will have to improve before we can even think about a playoff run. But that's what this season is going to be. Everyone is free to have their opinion, but don't act like the season is done after only 6 games! We'll see what happens. I do agree the SB is a long shot if they don't improve, but usually this team steps up after Thanksgiving. And though both the Bills and Titans look like they're for real so far, remember last season the Lions went 6-2 before descending into the cellar! A good litmus test will be the two games with Buffalo. This will determine the outcome of the division, IMO. So if anyone wants to give up on this seaon, fine! Just don't try and lecture us who prefer to keep the faith. There is a lot of football left to be played, and we have an excellent coaching staff and some very good players in Foxboro. A win is a win, and last night was a good game. Was it perfect, no! But it was certainly more fun than the SD game! They still have the Rams, Raiders, Seahawks, and Cardinals on the schedule. All these are winnable games. The Colts look off, so a good defensive showing makes that a winnable game, too. Again, the real test will be the Bills.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[Quote]Evil and others:

I really have no idea what you are talking about. I have been a Pats fan since Marc Wilson was taking the field for the 1-15 Pats. And yeah, I saw the same "hope springs eternal" crowd when Tommy Hodson won the first game of the 1991 season vs. the Colts. Or when Scott Zolak came in in 1992 and won 2 in a row. Or maybe when Hugh Millen led the team to a victory over the Oilers. Yeah, I MUST be a Bolts fan. Cause Bolts fans remember Scott Secules, Dwayne Saab, Hasan Graham, Chris Canty, Sedrick Shaw and all the rest of the superstar Grier drafts.

All I'm saying is that this is a rebuilding year. People need to lower their expectations just a bit and stop comparing this to the 2001 team or Matt Cassel to the 2001 Brady. This team is in a transition mode - much like in 2002 and 2005. There may be nothing wrong with "keeping the faith," but listen to what your mind is telling you. This is a middling team. As far as I am concerned, that is good. Let people write them off, let's play our young guys, reload in the offseason and comeback strong.

But of course, I am really just a troll in disguise, right EVIL?[/Quote]

Somebody, you know they have treatments for afflictions like that. So what are these voices in your head telling you?

BTW anybody can look up those names on the internet and find their stats and all kinds of cool stuff to try to convince others that they followed a team for a long time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Look, I don't think the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl. Then again, I'd say the exact same thing about every other team in the NFL... that is, insert any team, and the first thought out of my mouth would be, "I don't think they'll win..."... why? because I don't think ANY team is so far and away above anyone else that they are beyond losing in some horrible fashion. Heck, even the 'best' teams, aka, the Titans, Giants, etc., still have large holes... oh yeah, and then you also have to factor in all of the other injuries that may still happen from now till season's end... The Giants still have to go through their toughest games, no less.

My point is, why not the Patriots? Do the Titans really scare you (Pats have always done well on D against mediocre QBs)? Do the Giants? Do the Bills? Do the Colts or Jags? Sure, 'good' teams, but would it shock you if the Pats beat them, either? Heck, would it shock you if even Miami beat them? You could probably make a case that the Pats are the 'worst' team in the division and yet they sit at 4-2...

My point is, even if Brady was the Pats QB right now, It would be hard for us to be doing *that* much better... People chalked up that SD game to a possible loss before the season anyway... same with perhaps a loss to the Jets and Farve... Denver had always given the patriots problems... E.g., we are 4-2 after all, as 'bad' as we've looked and considering everything else that has happened... what does that say about the rest of the NFL and the joy of our 'easier' schedule...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crabcakesandfootball. Show Crabcakesandfootball's posts

[Quote]Look, we have some delusional fans, that's all I'm saying. I, for one, am enjoying this season because I am enjoying watching Sanders, Merriweather, Mayo, and Guyton get some PT as those guys are the future. But I also know that a QB that takes 5 sacks a game is not going to the promised land.[/Quote]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crabcakesandfootball. Show Crabcakesandfootball's posts

[Quote]Look, we have some delusional fans, that's all I'm saying. I, for one, am enjoying this season because I am enjoying watching Sanders, Merriweather, Mayo, and Guyton get some PT as those guys are the future. But I also know that a QB that takes 5 sacks a game is not going to the promised land.[/Quote]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crabcakesandfootball. Show Crabcakesandfootball's posts

I fully agree with you. The Pats have had good runs and it is time to play youth. But still try and win ball games. I do remember the Marc Wilson and hodson days, also having dick RARA mcpherson as head coach or in rod we trust rust.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

[Quote]Look, I don't think the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl. Then again, I'd say the exact same thing about every other team in the NFL... that is, insert any team, and the first thought out of my mouth would be, "I don't think they'll win..."... why? because I don't think ANY team is so far and away above anyone else that they are beyond losing in some horrible fashion. Heck, even the 'best' teams, aka, the Titans, Giants, etc., still have large holes... oh yeah, and then you also have to factor in all of the other injuries that may still happen from now till season's end... The Giants still have to go through their toughest games, no less.

My point is, why not the Patriots? Do the Titans really scare you (Pats have always done well on D against mediocre QBs)? Do the Giants? Do the Bills? Do the Colts or Jags? Sure, 'good' teams, but would it shock you if the Pats beat them, either? Heck, would it shock you if even Miami beat them? You could probably make a case that the Pats are the 'worst' team in the division and yet they sit at 4-2...

My point is, even if Brady was the Pats QB right now, It would be hard for us to be doing *that* much better... People chalked up that SD game to a possible loss before the season anyway... same with perhaps a loss to the Jets and Farve... Denver had always given the patriots problems... E.g., we are 4-2 after all, as 'bad' as we've looked and considering everything else that has happened... what does that say about the rest of the NFL and the joy of our 'easier' schedule...[/Quote]

I think your the delusional pat fan the guy's talkin about. 'easier' schedule? exactly how many teams do you play that will finish over 500 this year? 3? 4? and you already lost to one of them. if your getting your hopes up with wins against the five-turnover-a-game Broncos and three other teams who have a combined 6 wins (also over nobody), then the delusion is complete.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

ok...

First - uh, the Pats are 4-2 right now and we just KILLED Denver on Monday night. so you're an idiot.

Second - Cassell is getting better week to week, and as long as everyone else starts doing well then we'll have no problem. We could be a superbowl team - hell, remember aside from last year (where they were almost perfect), every year we get better and better the closer we get to the playoffs.

Third - Buffalo is in bug trouble. They lost their QB, and have barely been a factor. The Pats will be ahead in this division before long - though I think Buffalo may make the wild card.

Fourth - doesn't Buffalo have a page that you can go to and disappear like everything else does in upstate NY. I mean at least if your gonna live in NY or be a fan of an NY team, choose A REAL TEAM!!!!

Last - you're an idiot. That is all...