1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

TRADE BRADY???

[Quote]
    Case open nipple head...Brady is past his prime, has a bad knee and nothing but high class women on his mind. Ship him out to la..la..land and get what you can for the future. Brady is the PAST!!!!!!!!![/Quote]

True, noone on the outside really knows the status of Brady's knee. Pretty much any Koolaid Homer is going to say "no" to getting Brady.

My guess is that the status of Brady's knee is going to dictate whether we try to sign Cassel or not. If they do sign Cassel - then, I'd certainly be open to trading Brady for some future picks and/or players.

Not that it matters, but Moss would probably ask for a trade if Brady was shipped elsewhere. The only reason why Moss is here is because of Brady.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

TRADE BRADY???

[Quote]How quick you morons (that say Tom is past his prime, bad knee, ect.) forget what BRADY has done for this organization. It was great before him right. Go jump on the Jets bandwagon retards.[/Quote]

Question is....what's best for the team in the long run. The Brady's and Bruschi's of the world only have a short shelf-life. Their time eventually comes to an end - whether the fans like it or not.

This is a business that we have little control over - might it be best for the team to get something for Brady - if we were able to keep Cassel around?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

TRADE BRADY???

i Never thought this day would come so soon..........

Ladies and gentelmen...please...i know its fun to have debates but this is crazy talk....TOM BRADY is as big as the Patriots ...he is the face of the franchise and deserves to retire as a Patriot..how many countless things has he done for this organization like taking less so they could sign other players?, or reworking his contract so they could have more flexibility in the offseason...Matt Cassel is a nice story but Tom Brady will one day go down in history as the best quarterback of all time, and i dont know about you, but i would like to see him retire as a Patriot

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Delux I get what your saying I just dont agree with it, listen even if someone gave us their whole draft for Brady their is sure fire way to know you are drafting a good player half of the kids drafted are busts or never make it so to me it is not worth trading the greatest QB of all time who has already shown the world how good he is for a bunch of draft picks that have probally less then a 50/50 shot at being half the football player Brady is it just would not work out in our favor maybe we would be able to set our selves up for the next deacde witha whole new D or maybe we get one good pick out of the bunch and Brady wins 3 more rings with out us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Seriously?........... NO! Brady just suffered a devastating knee injury and realistically he may not be the same whenever he comes back. The start of next year at this point is still in jeapordy. The good news is we don't have to rush him back, he can take his time. The Pats will franchise Cassel for next year, see how things progress. We can't all assume Tom will come back from the career threatening knee injury and just be the same Brady he always was. But at his age, will he have enough time to turn it around? I think so. Stay Tuned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

TRADE BRADY???

I personally believe the pats will give brady every oppurtunity to be the qb in new england (he's earned it). I'll be honest if they traded him it would be tough for me to be a huge pats fan any more. I understand players come and go and the pats have been real succesfull in not becoming attached to players and over paying them. however, brady has put his stamp on this patriots team (as a winner and a team player) as much as bb has and to trade him after his first injury seems dead wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

TRADE BRADY???

The Pats cannot franchise Cassel because he would eat up too much salary and it would be extremely difficult to negotiate any additional trades, free agents or draft picks in 2009.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Tommy Brady loves New York and has secretly longed to play in the spotlight of the Big Apple for years. Giants are out of the question, with Eli set for years to come. But the Jets??
    Look for a trade this off-season, Brady for Leon Washington and a second rounder.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpalladi1. Show cpalladi1's posts

TRADE BRADY???

All I am going to say is that these were Brady's targets in that first season: Jermaine Wiggins, David Patten, Troy Brown, Bethel Johnson. Troy is the only one worth mentioning as a super star. Cassel has had two pro bowlers to work with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p8riotfan. Show p8riotfan's posts

TRADE BRADY???

I'm not willing to give up on Tom yet, but everyone has to consider the fact that with his injury, and the infections afterwards, the possibility of scar tissue and permanant damage is greater than if he had begun to heal immediately after surgery. The longer the wait between time of surgery and the beginning of rehab, the more likely scar tissue will build up and affect the injured joint. Hopefully, we'll know the full extent of his rehab in time to make whatever decisions need to be made to keep the Pats on track. Get well soon, Tom!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

TRADE BRADY???

I applaude all those who dismissed this notion as pure "Johnny-come-lately" and "What have you done for me lately" nonesense. Matt is going to be a very good, maybe great, quaterback for someone. Not New England. Tom Brady has at least 3 or 4 more prime seasons left in him. Probably closer to 5.I Will venture out on a frozen limb (after all...I am up here in Maine ya know) and predict that by the end of the next 5 years Brady will have more Super Bowl Trophies then Matt will have in his first 5 seasons as a starter. Good QBs can win one super bowl. Great QBs sometimes win two...Legends win 3 or 4 or 5 or....

Tom Brady is the Micheal Jordan of Football. In his prime.

Whats even more foolish about this topic is that after the first 1/3 of the season most of these same people were retired scouts, laid off assitant pro head coaches, 45 year veterans of sports reporting, ex players who got cut due to a freak ankle injury....or at least thats what it seemed. Everyone,almost to a poster, said that Kevin should be in getting "time"...Cassell sucked so bad we shoul just give the 3rd stringer a shot.

I guess one knee jerk over reaction deserves another. Nothing is ever as blindingly wonderfull or patheticly putrid as it seems. That is, what we here in OPEN MINDED-VIlle call an even keeled assessment based on complete bodies of work. Not snippets.

A few months ago many thought Cassell should be bagging or flipping. Now they are talking of him replacing Brady. Does that sound like even keeled?

I love to watch Matt play now. He is getting better and better. It sure is fun. As a fan its a treat that I thought would never be heaped upon us. For that I am greatfull. I plan on dining on its brilliance every week until the final horn blows. He will go on to better things for himself and we will be getting a better QB back for our team. No harm no foul.

Smiles all around...right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Cassell has improved but Brady is 1 of the best of all time. Brady is still relatively young. No way the Pats get rid of Brady. Cassell is still yet to beat a decent team. Big test coming up against Pittsburgh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

TRADE BRADY???

#1--The Patriots already have a boat load of draft picks for next year
    #2--Brady is only 31
    #3--His injury is not an elbow or shoulder or anything to do with his right arm
    #4--He has already confessed to be the slowest player in the NFL--so now he's a little slower
    Trade Brady? Really? Would any of you have said that 3 weeks ago? Don't think so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Lets see how Cassell handles the pressure from Pittsburgh before we rate him anywhere near a franchise QB. We all know how Brady has handled the pressure from team like Pittsburgh over the years. Cassell has really only had 2 very good games and 1 of those the Pats lost to the Jets. He was good against Buffalo, ordinary against Indy because he left too many points out there. Steady against Denver because the Pats won it with their D and running game. He was bad against Sandiego, ordinary against Sanfran. Woeful against Miami in Foxboro. Steady against the Jets and Kansas. That leaves 2 very good performances. It will take a hell of a lot more than that to have the Pats thinking of trading Brady and making Cassell their franchise QB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from codered43092. Show codered43092's posts

TRADE BRADY???

wooooooow. i can't believe people are seriously considering this, this is absolutely disgusting. Tom Brady has done a ton for the pats, how can anyone seriously consider trading him because he got injured? cassel has been good, but nowhere near brady. uh I believe Tom Brady had 50 td's last year. It's disgusting and disrespectful as fans that ya'll can seriously consider turning your backs on a guy who has done sooo much for this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Brady, throughout his career here, had been a unselfish team leader. He had restructured his contract to create cap room for the team in order to get or keep worthwhile players. He just came off a record setting MVP season, got hurt in the first game, and your guys are talking about trading him? Did anyone consider what Randy Moss thinks about that idea? He took a discount after last season to re-sign with the Pats in order to play with Brady. I am not sure how much more he can stretch out to catch some of the not quite on target passes Cassel throws. Maybe Cassel looked good because he has top notch receivers. I did not watch the game on Sunday, but did not many of Cassel's 400 yards came from yards gained after reception because of the efforts of the receivers? Like Coach B said: Do't make Cassell into a Hall of Fame QB yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

TRADE BRADY???

This might be a case where Kraft steps in and just says "NO", but don't think for a second that BB isn't considering this. The good news is that this doesn't have to be decided today. I'm sure the Pats brass wants to see if Cassel can win a playoff game or two, and as TexasPat alludes to, that could be enough....I have three Brady jerseys and cried in the SuperDome when they beat the Rams, but as a PATRIOTS fan first, it's something that I'd want any smart team leaders to consider. Do I want it to happen? Nope, but just like BB plays situational football, he sure as hell is preparing for every outcome in this scenario.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from homerj99. Show homerj99's posts

TRADE BRADY???

holy hell....will you be saying the same thing about Cassel when we dont make the playoffs. I cant BELIEVE any PATS fan would consider throwing Tom to the dogs.....no loyalty here by you bastards. Brady made and won SuperBowls for us, Cassel will not do the same.
    Cant wait for Brady's return, and if the PATS sell off Tom, I will take my loyalty with him to whatever team he goes to

TexasPat as one of the most vocal people on this board you are embarassing yourself, how dare you be a self proclaimed guru /Pats fan and even speak mildly positive of a Brady trade....fairweather fans

Jesus H Christ 3 weeks ago everyone still wanted Cassel swapped for O'Connell, now 2 good games in a row and it's "lets get rid of Brady"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Cassel is playing like a top 10 NFL QB right now, Brady is the best QB in NFL history. The only thing Cassel can do better than Brady is run. Brady threw 50 TD's last year! People that want to trade Brady are crazy. Cassel can't throw deep with the accuracy of Brady, it's not even close. Ask Randy Moss who he would rather have throwing him the ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

TRADE BRADY???

[Quote]

I applaude all those who dismissed this notion as pure "Johnny-come-lately" and "What have you done for me lately" nonesense. Matt is going to be a very good, maybe great, quaterback for someone. Not New England. Tom Brady has at least 3 or 4 more prime seasons left in him. Probably closer to 5.I Will venture out on a frozen limb (after all...I am up here in Maine ya know) and predict that by the end of the next 5 years Brady will have more Super Bowl Trophies then Matt will have in his first 5 seasons as a starter. Good QBs can win one super bowl. Great QBs sometimes win two...Legends win 3 or 4 or 5 or....

Tom Brady is the Micheal Jordan of Football. In his prime.

Whats even more foolish about this topic is that after the first 1/3 of the season most of these same people were retired scouts, laid off assitant pro head coaches, 45 year veterans of sports reporting, ex players who got cut due to a freak ankle injury....or at least thats what it seemed. Everyone,almost to a poster, said that Kevin should be in getting "time"...Cassell sucked so bad we shoul just give the 3rd stringer a shot.

I guess one knee jerk over reaction deserves another. Nothing is ever as blindingly wonderfull or patheticly putrid as it seems. That is, what we here in OPEN MINDED-VIlle call an even keeled assessment based on complete bodies of work. Not snippets.

A few months ago many thought Cassell should be bagging or flipping. Now they are talking of him replacing Brady. Does that sound like even keeled?

I love to watch Matt play now. He is getting better and better. It sure is fun. As a fan its a treat that I thought would never be heaped upon us. For that I am greatfull. I plan on dining on its brilliance every week until the final horn blows. He will go on to better things for himself and we will be getting a better QB back for our team. No harm no foul.

Smiles all around...right?

This is the best quote I've seen on here so far. That said there's a lot on this topic (after having read almost all of the posts on here) that's not getting mentioned.
    The Pats have a QB that they just took in the 3rd round waiting in the wings as the successor to Brady. You think they don't think they can make him a star after what they have done with Cassel? With that said, the Pats WILL OFFER Cassel a contract next year because of the unknown regarding Tom's knee and also as insurance against it. Cassel would obviously have to accept a top back-ups pay (and not a starters), but he just might be smart enough to take less and roll the dice that he's New England's starting QB whenenver Tom's done...he may even start the season next year as Tom gets healthy, but i'll admit this is an unlikely scenario...unless they can work out a one year deal so that Cassel knows he won't be stuck behind TB for long if he comes back to near full health. This way both Cassel and the Pats could be potentially happy as Cassel gets the possibility to stick with the best organization in the NFL to see if he gets another shot at being the QB if Tom goes down again or can't get back and the Pats get some insurance for Tom for a year. Cassel seems like a smart and reasonable guy who just might be willing to take that chance...still it's probably doubtful as his agent will be telling him to strike while the iron is hot...just like the rest of these idiots who have left NE for the $$. Having fun Asante? Deion? Givens? Milloy?

The talk of Cassel getting franchised seems ridiculous...the Pats wouldn't be able to trade him because the other teams would have too much leverage in knowing that the Pats HAD to get rid of him because they CAN'T get stuck paying that kind of money for a backup.

Worst case is we lose Cassel to FA, bring in a vet backup for a year till they're comfortable with O'Connell, and hope Tom's ready for opening day.

The NE Patriots QB is Tom Brady until he proves otherwise. It's not as much about respecting him for what he's done as much as it is respecting him for what he still can do. Believe me, Brady is as hungry for another SB as anyone on the planet. He wants to go down as the BEST EVER...that's what's made him so great to begin with...and 3 SB's is not going to cut it for him in his mind. The Pats are easily his best chance to do it and he knows this and isn't going to have time to waste getting to know a new system with a coaching staff he doesn't trust nearly as much as BB and company. So forget all this talk about leaving NE just to be closer to his kid...I'm sure he'll make plenty of time to see him this year while he can, knowing that when he gets back to health it'll be 5 years of football and then as much QT with the kid as he wants. All you fools who think he's all about the girls and the money and the lifestyle haven't noticed what kind of competitor this guy is...and it's not like he's coming off a down year either folks.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the knee-jerkers if Cassel happens to have a bad start against the Steelers this week, who happen to have the best D in NFL...check the stats...they've been scary good, the good news is that until this past week against the Bengals Roethlisberger has been off. Look for our D to bounce back and for it to be a 20-17 type game. It's a BIG ONE. Go Pats!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

TRADE BRADY???

"I know I will probably get crucified by you guys for this suggestion, but..."

And you should be.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

TRADE BRADY???

[Quote] Homer:

I understand your feelings, my friend. But, the biggest weakness on the Pats, with or without Brady, is their defense. A patch job will no longer work. There needs to be an infusion of some serious talent...especially someone who can apply consistent pressure on the opposing QB.

Hard as it is, the Pats front office must consider any options available to improve the team: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2550_Cassel_on_fire%3B_Brady_on_the_trading_block%3F.html[/Quote]

Texas: Good info and very much on target for this discussion.

I am as big a brady fan as you will find (my dog's name is Brady, my son has a fathead of Brady on his wall, my family all have Brady shirts, etc). That said, I realize that the NFL is a business. If the Patriots feel that locking up Cassel to a long term contract while trading Brady for a wagon-full of draft picks is in the best interest of the team, they will do it in a heart beat! PERIOD! It is very important for Kraft to have a QB that is a good role model for the community and Cassel fits the mold the same way Brady and Bledsoe did for years.

Either way... If the plan is to keep Brady, the Pats are going to get SOMETHING for Cassel. They make shrewd business moves and will NEVER let Cassel walk out the door without getting SOMETHING for him!

Like Jerry Seinfeld suggests: ROOT FOR THE SHIRT!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieyetouch. Show ieyetouch's posts

TRADE BRADY???

If Matt continues to play at a high level, I believe Tom may retire. He is a H.O.F.er with nothing left to prove, body still intact, a new kid, plenty of money, and plenty of options. And with Matt having proven himself, TB will not feel he is letting BB and the org down. SO, jump on me, but remember the post!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TRADE BRADY???

[Quote]Tommy Brady loves New York and has secretly longed to play in the spotlight of the Big Apple for years. Giants are out of the question, with Eli set for years to come. But the Jets??
    Look for a trade this off-season, Brady for Leon Washington and a second rounder.[/Quote]

Jar, of all people.. what is the color of the juice you are drinking?