1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Unfair judgement of David Ortiz

I may be wrong but I don't believe GNC sells androstendione

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Im not denying that he would hit more HR's in Fenway but not all of his HR's were hit in Fenway and the increase in his power numbers were dramatic, Im not saying he Absolutely used an illegal substance but in the case of Ortiz.....No I wouldnt be surprised at all

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

you can still buy andro everywhere....either at gnc or online. it isn't necessarily called "andro" anymore....you can buy products that have andro in them. they are still prohormones which contain andro and are actually stronger than they were back in the day. They used to sell andro and it got banned back a few years ago during the prohormone ban. but of course the bodybuilding companies tweaked a few ingredients and are selling pretty much the same stuff, its even stronger than before. on the bottles it even says that it could trigger a positive drug test etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

here are just a few examples of prohormones (andro) that you can buy online legally....

HAVOC - 2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyl-5a-androstan- 17b-ol

H-DROL - 4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1,4- diene-3-17b-diol
    Along with excellent reports of muscle size and density, strength, and endurance, H-Drol users typically experience positive effects on energy levels, lipolysis, and libido as well.

M-DROL - 2a, 17a di methyl etiocholan 3-one, 17b-ol
    Muscle gains from M-Drol are very dry and lean, so there is little to no water retention with this item. Users typically notice rapid gains in strength, muscle fullness, and size from M-Drol.

HALOVAR - 4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1, 4-diene-3-17b-diol
    Halovar is the best size and strength gaining supplement currently sold that is not outright illegal or overly toxic. Most people using Halovar will notice an immediate and positive change in size, strength, and workout recover time within 72 hours of initiating use and the vast majority of user will notice that they are gaining size and strength which each and every workout while using Halovar. You can expect muscle size gains that are qualitatively visibly harder and denser than similar products on the market.

On each bottle is the following warning....
    If you are a professional or amateur athlete subject to performance enhancing substance testing, do not use this product unless cleared by your sanctioning body as it may cause a false reactive result for a urine or blood drug test.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]Im not denying that he would hit more HR's in Fenway but not all of his HR's were hit in Fenway and the increase in his power numbers were dramatic, Im not saying he Absolutely used an illegal substance but in the case of Ortiz.....No I wouldnt be surprised at all[/Quote]

Again, so you don't look stupid.....LOOK AT HIS PLAYING TIME IN MINN COMPARED TO BOS!

Minn 246 average AB
    BOS 526 average AB

So if his number of plate appearances and in a smaller park and having someone to protect him in the line up should equal to be the numbers that he has been putting up. If he were on roids, he would be pushing 60 HR's per season.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[Quote]Either David is a pathological liar like A-Rod and thinks he'll get away with it, or, he's the stupidest man on the face of the earth. After the A-Roid meltdown, I think David is clean on any positive tests. He's a naturally stocky big block, and played "chubby" for his time over here.

Simply release all the names before they come out, suspend A-Roid and the others, blood test for HGH, suspend offenders, then try to move on.[/Quote] SOFTLAW........ I LIKE YOUR LOGIC, AND I HOPE ( BUT NOT SURE) THAT DAVID O IS OK..... WHAT WE DO KNOW, IS THAT WE "NEVER SAY NEVER " ABOUT ANY OF THESE GUYS. THE START OF ALL THIS CAN BE COMPARED TO SOME OF THE BIGGEST SCREW-UPS IN HISTORY. ( IE: PEARL HARBOR, 9 / 11 ) MEANING THAT THE PEOPLE IN POWER KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON, ( MLB, OWNERS, UNION ) AND TURNED THEIR COLLECTIVE HEADS TO IT. GOING FORWARD, CLEAN IT UP, KICK THEM OUT, BUT BY ALL MEANS, BASEBALL MUST TAKE BACK THE GAME !!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

m1020us
    You're skewing the numbers a little bit because from 1997 thru 1999 he only played in 111 games.....look at the seasons in which he had over 400 at bats with Minnesota......and you are the one that looks stupid im not convicting the guy all I am saying is he turned into a Monster at the plate from an average player. Most MLB scouts thought the guy had limited ability and then he became a world beater......look the fact is he is linked to this trainer now and if it was for instance say Hideki Matsui all of Red Sox Nation would have say Matsui absolutely without a doubt did steroids and you can say otherwise but you you know it and I know it. I am not denying that Yankee players from the championship years and the non championship years were using PED's. I am saying you and any other Red Sox fan would be VERY VERY NAIVE to think that no Red Sox players from the 2004 and 2007 teams did not use PED's. Its a baseball wide problem that includes all teams even the Red Sox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote][Quote]
    I would assume that most players juiced. Why wouldn't they? The league was turning a blind eye to it. The reporters were turning a blind eye to it. It was almost as if the league wanted players to juice. The fans were cheering the players on.

Watch a Classic Red Sox game on NESN. Watch a game from the 80s and early 90s. The players were tiny compared to today's players. There are SS bigger than Jim Rice.

How many people would turn down $10 million to take steroids?
    [/Quote]

The unknown effect on your body for one, what is money if your dead at 45? All this crap people take creatine ect, is it not alarming how many athelete's die young? I am sure none of these things have anything to do with it.

Secondly, the Ortiz argument is based on his best years were when they tested. The FREE Steriod ERA dates from sometime in 1960's (See homerun totals since mid 60's to about 2004).[/Quote]

So you're saying that if I gave you $10 million a year for 4 years, and you got to enjoy the adulation of 60,000 people every night, and all you had to do was to inject something in your body, a substance that people have been taking for 40 years, a substance that made you stronger, faster, quicker, gave you more energy, you wouldn't take it? Something that a lot of your teammates have been taking for years.

I hate to say this, but as long as The Gov (Schwartzenegger) is healthy, then steroids are going to be seen as harmless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

So you're saying that if I gave you $10 million a year for 4 years, and you got to enjoy the adulation of 60,000 people every night, and all you had to do was to inject something in your body, a substance that people have been taking for 40 years, a substance that made you stronger, faster, quicker, gave you more energy, you wouldn't take it? Something that a lot of your teammates have been taking for years.

I hate to say this, but as long as The Gov (Schwartzenegger) is healthy, then steroids are going to be seen as harmless.

That is your opinion, if you dont think the early deaths surrounding sports have nothing to do with setriods and all this other stuff then we just have a difference of opinion. There is no question that these PED's are having adverse effects on people.

I would have no problem keeping up with the Jone's as a player, however when it comes to my body I say my personal health is my first million and unless I knew for 100% it was okay I wouldnt touch it.

The fan aclaim is a burden not a good thing. Money is great but I wouldnt take a drug to shorten my life to get it.

Would you rather be David Ortiz or the guy who invented Paper clips? Mobbed everywhere you go or live in prosper with no one down your back?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

yes PED's or other supplements can contribute to an early death for some people, but mostly its because people take things and they have no idea what they are doing. they hear a supplement works and they don't know exactly what it does and they start gobbling up pills, usually more than they are supposed to. ephedrine is a classic example. a few people died taking that because it speeds up your heart rate. if you take the recommended dosage, drinks lots of water etc, you are fine. its the people that were taking too much. steroids are the same, stay within recommended dosages and for the most part, you will be fine. obviously some people will react differently however. i see it all the time in the gym with people taking prohormones. one of my friends is taking them and i asked him if he was still on them. he said "not really, i only take about 6 pills a day". however, if you look at the stuff he was taking, he was only supposed to take 2 pills a day. so here was someone who supposedly wasn't really taking anything but was taking triple the dosage! how many was he taking when he was actually on them?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]m1020us
    You're skewing the numbers a little bit because from 1997 thru 1999 he only played in 111 games.....look at the seasons in which he had over 400 at bats with Minnesota......and you are the one that looks stupid im not convicting the guy all I am saying is he turned into a Monster at the plate from an average player. Most MLB scouts thought the guy had limited ability and then he became a world beater......look the fact is he is linked to this trainer now and if it was for instance say Hideki Matsui all of Red Sox Nation would have say Matsui absolutely without a doubt did steroids and you can say otherwise but you you know it and I know it. I am not denying that Yankee players from the championship years and the non championship years were using PED's. I am saying you and any other Red Sox fan would be VERY VERY NAIVE to think that no Red Sox players from the 2004 and 2007 teams did not use PED's. Its a baseball wide problem that includes all teams even the Red Sox.[/Quote]

Case in point! The guy didn't even play 1 full year in Minnesota, the closest he came to playing full time he hit 20 HR's....and then he moves to a smaller park sees better pitches because of better hitters in the line up, plays full time and now you point the finger. LOL!

I have not heard any Sox fan say that they didn't think that any sox player from 2004 to 2008 took steroids....but would it really make sense for anyone to take roids AFTER they started testing?

I suspect there were many ex-Sox players that were on the juice BEFORE the 2004 season...Nomah, Mo, Canseco, Giambi, Clemens, Gagme.....

You are starting to sound like a sore Yanks fan....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]m1020us
    You're skewing the numbers a little bit because from 1997 thru 1999 he only played in 111 games.....look at the seasons in which he had over 400 at bats with Minnesota......and you are the one that looks stupid im not convicting the guy all I am saying is he turned into a Monster at the plate from an average player. Most MLB scouts thought the guy had limited ability and then he became a world beater......look the fact is he is linked to this trainer now and if it was for instance say Hideki Matsui all of Red Sox Nation would have say Matsui absolutely without a doubt did steroids and you can say otherwise but you you know it and I know it. I am not denying that Yankee players from the championship years and the non championship years were using PED's. I am saying you and any other Red Sox fan would be VERY VERY NAIVE to think that no Red Sox players from the 2004 and 2007 teams did not use PED's. Its a baseball wide problem that includes all teams even the Red Sox.[/Quote]

Now before you go blurting out about Scouting reports that you know nothing about, how about we take a look at Mr Ortiz's minor league stats. Well when he played in the minors, his HR totals looked like this:

1994 rookie lg 2 HR
    1995 rookie lg 4 HR
    1996 Single A 18 HR
    1997 A+, AA, and AAA 31 HR
    1998 AAA 2HR in 11 games
    1999 AAA 30 HR

So whatever scouting report you are looking at, it is wrong. He clearly had power numbers in the minor leagues....

Please send us all a link to these so-called scouting reports....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

bump....