1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouieDaLipp. Show LouieDaLipp's posts

Yankees get even with Torre

By signing Manny. That would be sweet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

As a Sox fan, I would love to see Scammy ruin the Skanks....that would be sweet!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

I hope it happens. It would be great to watch that stiff Girardi being forced to kiss Manny's pampered self-centered a$$.
    I'm a sox fan, but always thought Torre was a class act, and treated his players like men. Girardi seems to be a lot more rigid. It will be interesting to see how Girardi does with all the talent the yankees FO has given him. They'll be begging Torre to come back if the yanks flop again this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskjold. Show dskjold's posts

I've posted this before, but the first time Manny lopes to first, Girardi will blow a gasket, kill Manny and be charged with homicide.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

As long as you do what you usually do -- sign him to, like, a 4 year deal for 120 Million, it's cool with me. It would just be part of the overall yankee sign an aging hall of famer / allstar at every position approach to MLB that Torre chronicles in his book.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The Yankees dont need to get even with Torre. The book was Torre getting even with the Yankees. The Yankees threw Torre under the bus and used him as their scapegoat. The fact that the Yankees have become a mockery of an organization has 0 to do with Torre. (With the spending gap between them and the second highest spenders it trully is sad every time they dont win the WS, nevermind miss the playoffs). Yet they used him as their scapegoat. The Yankees ruined Torre's legacy, and its sad because he was the best manager in the game for a LONG time.

Good for Torre.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

You know for once louie the fat lip your right, i hope the skankees do sign manny!!! God i hope so, he will ruin that clubhouse in seconds!!! And the new spankee stadium will go up in flames!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

[Quote]You know for once louie the fat lip your right, i hope the skankees do sign manny!!! God i hope so, he will ruin that clubhouse in seconds!!! And the new spankee stadium will go up in flames!![/Quote]

Yeah, just like he ruined the Dogders clubhouse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Louie, this Yankee fan would love for you elaborate on just HOW that would be "getting even"?...for being with the Dodgers for 2 months with no guarantee they were going to sign him?...for Torre writing a book?....for Torre leaving an organization he was growing unhappy with, which when looked at objectively it was probably best to part ways?... help me out i fail to see where that would POINTEDLY have anything to do with Joe Torre...FTR plenty of people on this board know i DO NOT want Manny on this team..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[Quote]

Yeah, just like he ruined the Dogders clubhouse.[/Quote]

He was just putting on an act, trying to get that big 4 year $100 million contract Boras promised him. How's that working out?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Any Red Sox fan that thinks the Yankmes signing Manny is good for the Sox just has not been paying attention for the last 14 seasons !! The thought of the "New Joe" blowing a gasket is so ridiculous it's not even worth mentioning. There is little honor left in the game today and as a reminder just listen to the Old Joe rave about Manny !! There is absolutely zero talk about him "laying Down" on the Sox just about anywhere else except Boston because the Honor of the Game is gone !! Manny will be Manny, because that's the player he is for better or worse, wherever he winds up and that includes NY. If the Little Steins want to win, and you better believe they NEED TO, Manny will be with NY because at the price he may eventually cost it would be stupid not to get him !! Trust me, if the Yankmes sign Manny you won't even recognize the guy by the time he lands in Fenway until he starts landing them on the Pike !! Like the Old Joe the New Joe would have to swallow whatever pride he has left and grin and bear it or leave town and write a book !! But you are right about one thing Louie, No matter who get's Manny, unless it's the Dodgers, the Old Joe is in trouble !!

GO SOX !! AMERICA'S TEAM OF THE NEW MILLENIUM !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[Quote]Louie, this Yankee fan would love for you elaborate on just HOW that would be "getting even"?...for being with the Dodgers for 2 months with no guarantee they were going to sign him?...for Torre writing a book?....for Torre leaving an organization he was growing unhappy with, which when looked at objectively it was probably best to part ways?... help me out i fail to see where that would POINTEDLY have anything to do with Joe Torre...FTR plenty of people on this board know i DO NOT want Manny on this team..[/Quote]

Aw Jete, please take Manny, he's changed, team player now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

[Quote]

Aw Jete, please take Manny, he's changed, team player now.[/Quote]

Just make sure you hold his hand when getting on the team bus...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[Quote]

Aw Jete, please take Manny, he's changed, team player now.[/Quote]LOL!, yeah right, he has trouble changing his mind, let alone his attitude..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

Yeah, just like he ruined the Dogders clubhouse.[/Quote]

Wow, you are delusional....He was the poster child for the Dodgers because he was trying to save face to get his huge contract......and how many overpriced pre-madonna's are on the Dodgers including Scammy? none other than Scammy himself.

The Skanks have 3+ pre-madonnas before Scammy joins them....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

"The fact that the Yankees have become a mockery of an organization has 0 to do with Torre"

Wow, lets see 13 out of the last 14 years making the playoffs, 6 trips to the WS, 4 WS rings, Record Home attendances for the last 4 years, the YES network with annual revuenues in excess of 350 mil, a franchise which is considered by some to be the richest in all of sports, a new state of the art home field and in a recent players poll by SI the number 1 franchise that players would love to have an opporunity to play for.

So where is the "mockery" come from.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[Quote]

He was just putting on an act, trying to get that big 4 year $100 million contract Boras promised him. How's that working out?[/Quote]

Putting on an act?

What is that supposed to mean?

Funny how people think ballplayers can just hit the ball at will whenever they feel it will benefit them. Are the opposing pitchers in on this act too?

Was Mike Lowell "putting on an act" in 2007 , to get that big contract?

If players can do this , why didn't Varitek "put on an act" and hit .300 so he could sign that 4 deal for $9 million a year ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hooky. Show hooky's posts

Seems to me the Dodgers made the playoffs last year, and the Yankees didn't. Who got even with who?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRoz42. Show JRoz42's posts

[Quote]

Putting on an act?

Funny how people think ballplayers can just hit the ball at will whenever they feel it will benefit them. Are the opposing pitchers in on this act too?

If players can do this , why didn't Varitek "put on an act" and hit .300 so he could sign that 4 deal for $9 million a year ?
    [/Quote]

I agree with you for the most part. I think that Mike Lowell had a great year in 07' and his injuries were why he didn't repeat in 08'. But to compare Tek's performance to Manny's might be a little like apples and oranges. Tek was never, and will never be the offensive force that Manny is and was. I truly do feel that Manny just laid down in his final moments with the Sox, and still has the ability to be a real serious offensive player. I would say that Teks best offensive days are behind him, and he does not have the skill with the bat to just turn it on and off. Trust me, I am sure he did the best he could to put a good season together. I guess we will have to see how Manny plays wherever he ends up...his performance will tell whether he still has it or not.....i can tell you this though. I am one die hard red sox fan that does not want to see that bat in a yankee lineup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[Quote]

Putting on an act?

[/Quote]

It's supposed to mean that Manny is a great hitter, but does not give 100% unless motivated to do so. You have to hold a carrot in front of his nose ($$$$).

Lowell is a class act and always gives 100%.

Varitek is incapable of hitting .300 even if you told him you'd give him $20 million a year if he did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

"With the spending gap between them and the second highest spenders it trully is sad every time they dont win the WS, nevermind miss the playoffs"

So you are saying its ok to spend 140 mil as the RS did in 06 and not make the playoffs, should we add the RS payroll from 1919 - 2003 and figure out how much they spend WO a ws ring.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]
    I hope it happens. It would be great to watch that stiff Girardi being forced to kiss Manny's pampered self-centered a$$.
    I'm a sox fan, but always thought Torre was a class act, and treated his players like men. Girardi seems to be a lot more rigid. It will be interesting to see how Girardi does with all the talent the yankees FO has given him. They'll be begging Torre to come back if the yanks flop again this year.
    [/Quote](MIKENAGY2)

agreed, with a younger, more inexperienced team, girardi would be a plus.
    with the type of team the skankees will field this season, torre would be ideal. thankfully, for us sox lovers, that won't be the case.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKADahGimpstah3. Show AKADahGimpstah3's posts

[Quote]

Wow, you are delusional....He was the poster child for the Dodgers because he was trying to save face to get his huge contract......and how many overpriced pre-madonna's are on the Dodgers including Scammy? none other than Scammy himself.

The Skanks have 3+ pre-madonnas before Scammy joins them....[/Quote]

Did noone else almost spit their drink out at this?

Holy hell that's great stuff.

Dude. It's "Prima Donna".

LMFAO. Whew.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[Quote]

It's supposed to mean that Manny is a great hitter, but does not give 100% unless motivated to do so. You have to hold a carrot in front of his nose ($$$$). [/Quote]

Look at Manny's career stats.

When was the last time he was not motivated to hit?

He has not failed to hit under .292 since his rookie year.
    The man is simply a hitting and RBI machine.

14 years IN A ROW.

That's an awful lot of carrots people have been waving in front of his nose!