1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Yankees shopping Swisher, Nady

I thought they had to wait several months to trade Swisher?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

I don't think Nady or Swisher should be traded, they are what the Yankees need right now, young players who are in their primes. Keep both of them and try to unload Damon or Matsui, the aging players who are in their contract years. Melky should also be traded.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

good, i didn't think the skanks could get worse......but they look like they are trying to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

[Quote]I thought they had to wait several months to trade Swisher?[/Quote]

i dont think so

I think it only works for FA signings and even then, i read somewhere that you could still trade them only with the consent of the player. (2nd hand information)

One recent example i could find about a player being traded twice in the same week was Mike Hampton.

Traded from the Rox to the Marlins and then to the Braves just two days later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BLRob. Show BLRob's posts

The Sox could use Swisher as a 1B/OF guy like they did Kotsay... think the Yanks will trade him to us... LOL

The Bottom Line blog

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Manny will most likely be the Yankme Starting Left Fielder next Season !! Damon will move to Center and a combination of Swisher/ Nady in Right !! Count on it !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote] Manny will most likely be the Yankme Starting Left Fielder next Season !! Damon will move to Center and a combination of Swisher/ Nady in Right !! Count on it !!

GO SOX 2009 !![/Quote]

If that were the case, then that would be the worst defensive OF in baseball.....and the lowest IQ.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[Quote]Steve Goldman: Nady isn’t really a .305 hitter. In his career, he’s been far closer to the hitter he cooled from his hot pinstriped start, a .268/.320/.474 hitter. As far as corner outfield production goes, it’s subpar. If Nick Swisher gets back on track this year, he’ll get on base much closer to 40 percent of the time and show comparable power. The value in Nady last season was that he was a huge in-season upgrade on Melky Cabrera, who he displaced from the lineup by allowing Johnny Damon to go back to center. That was a very nice move by Brian Cashman to staunch a bleeding wound, but Nady isn’t someone a championship team plans on starting.[/Quote]

That is exactly what I said about Nady and found his 5 year stats that proved his 08 was a fluke when some idiots were trying to say he was better than Drew and almost as good as Bay. Ha.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[Quote]One recent example i could find about a player being traded twice in the same week was Mike Hampton.

Traded from the Rox to the Marlins and then to the Braves just two days later.[/Quote]

Another example would be thirdbaseman Andy Marte, whom the Atlanta Braves traded on December 8, 2005, to the Boston Red Sox, who in turn traded him 50 days later to the Cleveland Indians.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/martean01.shtml#TRANS

Guillermo Mota was a paper Red Sox that offseason as well, being traded from the Florida Marlins to the Boston Red Sox to the Cleveland Indians.

Fifty-four days have passed since Nick Swisher was traded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[Quote]

If that were the case, then that would be the worst defensive OF in baseball.....and the lowest IQ.[/Quote]

And your point is ?? Have you been watching any baseball related programming over the years?? The Yankmes, these days, care about defense as much as they care about spending, they don't !! Let me give you a clue, Manny hasn't signed yet because Boras hasn't got the one offer, he's been waiting for, to go to the Yankmes with, just as he will do with every FA he has under his control, so they can trump it by 10 mil !! The new Yankme Owners need a Championship "BADLY" to justify their existence in NY and on more then one occasion have made it known that they liked Manny!! The Yankmes as presently constructed will be only a slight upgrade to the team they had last season, if at all !! Manny could be the one, they feel, will put them over the top and all but guarentee the the WS Championship they DESPERATELY NEED this season !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

As pinstripe referenced -- I don't think there are any restrictions on MLB teams re-trading a player they acquired via trade, of course unless that player has a no trade provision.

I believe any limitations about moving a player is restricted to them being acquired via free agency but I am uncertain what the time restraint is.

In regards to the response by m1020us...

If that were the case, then that would be the worst defensive OF in baseball.....and the lowest IQ.

you might be right about their defensive abilities - but I would bet money, and as much as I hate to admit it, that Manny's baseball IQ is off the charts. The entire 'Manny being Manny' persona was an act that was well-orchestrated - he also smart enough to negotiate his way out of Boston by quitting on the team, reneging on his contract, and forcing the team to move him and eat his salary -- that too was something that was very much planned out!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

And your point is ?? Have you been watching any baseball related programming over the years?? The Yankmes, these days, care about defense as much as they care about spending, they don't !! Let me give you a clue, Manny hasn't signed yet because Boras hasn't got the one offer, he's been waiting for, to go to the Yankmes with, just as he will do with every FA he has under his control, so they can trump it by 10 mil !! The new Yankme Owners need a Championship "BADLY" to justify their existence in NY and on more then one occasion have made it known that they liked Manny!! The Yankmes as presently constructed will be only a slight upgrade to the team they had last season, if at all !! Manny could be the one, they feel, will put them over the top and all but guarentee the the WS Championship they DESPERATELY NEED this season !!

GO SOX 2009 !![/Quote]

The Skanks need more pitching to put them over the top.....I hope they are done getting pitchers and want to rely on thier young guys....that would bring them right back to earth.....and they have not fixed one of their biggest weaknesses Relief pitching.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]
    In regards to the response by m1020us...

you might be right about their defensive abilities - but I would bet money, and as much as I hate to admit it, that Manny's baseball IQ is off the charts. The entire 'Manny being Manny' persona was an act that was well-orchestrated - he also smart enough to negotiate his way out of Boston by quitting on the team, reneging on his contract, and forcing the team to move him and eat his salary -- that too was something that was very much planned out![/Quote]

No doubt it was well planned, but in doing so thus far has backfired.....Making him look really stupid (greed does that to people). Nobody wants him and I will laugh if he retires or plays for less than the 40 mill for 2 years. Who would have thought that the Dodgers offer was going to be the best?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

The Skanks need more pitching to put them over the top.....I hope they are done getting pitchers and want to rely on thier young guys....that would bring them right back to earth.....and they have not fixed one of their biggest weaknesses Relief pitching.

They have always needed more pitching, who don't ?? The point I'm trying to make is, there is a guy on the FA market they can easily afford, Apparently, that would put their Offense way over the top so that's why I have always been worried about them getting Manny !! Nobody hopes I'm wrong more then me and anyone that thinks Manny on the Yankmes would help the Sox because all the baggage he brings is only kidding themselves. in My opinion, Manny puts the Yankmes way over the top as the team to beat and everything would have to line up in perfect postion this season for the Sox to compete !! If I Know this don't you think that the Goofy twins in NY have figured it out already ??

GO SOX 2009 !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Yanks are done Spending
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/107820-yankees-are-done-spending

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

That is exactly what I said about Nady and found his 5 year stats that proved his 08 was a fluke when some idiots were trying to say he was better than Drew and almost as good as Bay. Ha.
    The interesting thing about baseball is that you are only as good or as bad as your most current stats. I think I've read that once or twice on this board re: Yankees current success (or lack of) compared to their past.

I wouldn't judge Nady or any player (Youk comes to mind) based on one year, although I do think Youk is absolutely the real deal who is coming into his own as a great hitter. But it sounds silly and homerish to say that Nady is destined to be a bust after what may be a breakout year. And sillier when you say that previous stats are proof that later success is a fluke. If that's the case, there's a lot of great flukes out there, Youk included. And Yanks or anyone else will take Nady's 2008 #s .305, 25, 97 any time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeLahoud. Show JoeLahoud's posts

Nady would be a sweet fourth OF. Swisher isn't even a big league player. Any hump can swing as hard as he can and strike out three times per game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

[Quote]good, i didn't think the skanks could get worse......but they look like they are trying to.[/Quote]

Like I said a few times already, don't be surprised if the Yankees bail out Boras again by signing Manny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[Quote]That is exactly what I said about Nady and found his 5 year stats that proved his 08 was a fluke when some idiots were trying to say he was better than Drew and almost as good as Bay. Ha.
    The interesting thing about baseball is that you are only as good or as bad as your most current stats. I think I've read that once or twice on this board re: Yankees current success (or lack of) compared to their past.

I wouldn't judge Nady or any player (Youk comes to mind) based on one year, although I do think Youk is absolutely the real deal who is coming into his own as a great hitter. But it sounds silly and homerish to say that Nady is destined to be a bust after what may be a breakout year. And sillier when you say that previous stats are proof that later success is a fluke. If that's the case, there's a lot of great flukes out there, Youk included. And Yanks or anyone else will take Nady's 2008 #s .305, 25, 97 any time.
    [/Quote]

I agree on both players. Youk's numbers will be closer to last years than other years, had this arguement w/ notin last offseason, you could see Youk was getting better every year and he still might improve on last year. Also saw Nady play alot when w/ Mets and was always impressed, just needed to be on field more. But he probably still has more upside to go. When he gets hot look out, just needs to be more consistent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

"The Yankees are looking to trade either Xavier Nady or Nick Swisher. But from here, Swisher would be difficult to deal, with $20 million left and coming off a .219 season."

quoted from Sports Illustrated.........think they might be stuck with Swisher

23. This post has been removed.