1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eljefe. Show eljefe's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

He is a big man, I'll give you that Dwight.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttaplaydtoast. Show buttaplaydtoast's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

another big contract for a player who a player who can't hack it in the playoffs, that is why i love this signing for the yanks, the lefty you should have gone for was available last year hank.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eljefe. Show eljefe's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

"Sabathia will carry baseball's biggest burden on his back in the Bronx." nothing like a little pressure right off the bat........jeez.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

One other poster mentioned this and I agree. I think one of the biggest reasons why CC hasn't been really good in the post season is because he was used too much during the regular season. I think the Yankees will manage him much better so he's not worn out at the end of the season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brooklynyanqui. Show brooklynyanqui's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

CC, Lowe and Tex in pinstripes? Cashman could pull it off. I don't see Swisher at 1B.

Where's Theo? Will the announcement of the resigning of Varitek be his major move?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

[Quote]CC, Lowe and Tex in pinstripes? Cashman could pull it off. I don't see Swisher at 1B.

Where's Theo? Will the announcement of the resigning of Varitek be his major move?[/Quote]

There noway they Yankees have close to 80 invested in there infield. Jeter is making over 20, AROD close to 30, Cano just sign a nice new contract, There is just just too much committed long turn for 3 position already.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRDerby. Show HRDerby's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

[Quote]

if the sox had signed him for the same contract, i would still state that it's
    'udderly' ridiculous.
    he'd probably look more like a cow in a sox uniform; the skankee uniform with the vertical stripes will probably make sabathia look thinner.[/Quote]

no you wouldn't. You would be licking Theos you know what for pulling such move and then go ahead and boast about the "5 aces" in the rotation and the two more in the minor leagues who are still there for a reason.

Stop being in denial people, this bolsters the Yanks rotation in a significant way. Stop complaining about the "innings" since just 5 years ago a pitcher with 200+ innings was a horse, now he is dead meat. Yeah because the SP of the 90's didnt go atleast 200 innings. Stop comparing him to David Wells, if anything thats a HUGE compliment. I still remember people in this forum were calling Wells their ace while Beckett was stinking up his first season with the Sox. Also, last time I check, the Yankees dont play Boston 162 games a year, and out of the games they play how many will CC pitch? It was evident last year that the Wild card wasn't only and AL EAST thing, that any team can rise up to the occasion and take first place.

One last thing postseason numbers can be a little deceiving...check this out. Would you sign this player?
     3 Postseason Ser      3-0   8   2   1.40  2  0  0  0  19.1  17   3   3  15 

Quick write him a 20 million dollar check

Or better yet...who would you rather have, him up there or this player

5 Postseason Ser 4-1 7 7 4.79 3 1 0 0 35.2 39 19 17 33

tricky isn't it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

lol, the sox bought those 2 world series?? haha, where have you been sunshine?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

[Quote]

no you wouldn't. You would be licking Theos you know what for pulling such move and then go ahead and boast about the "5 aces" in the rotation and the two more in the minor leagues who are still the card wasn't only and AL EAST thing, that any team can rise up to the occasion and take first place.

[/Quote]

please don't tell me what i would or wouldn't think. sabathia is an overweight, injury-about -to -happen speciman. if the skankees want to overspend on that cow, fine; but the sox FO wasn't stupid enough to do that.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

[Quote]

no you wouldn't. You would be licking Theos you know what for pulling such move and then go ahead and boast about the "5 aces" in the rotation and the two more in the minor leagues who are still the card wasn't only and AL EAST thing, that any team can rise up to the occasion and take first place.

[/Quote](hrderby)

please don't tell me what i would say and what i wouldn't say. sabathia is
    an overweight, injury-about to-happen speciman.if the skankees want to over-
    spend for that cow, that's fine. but the sox FO wasn't stupid enough to do that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

"will laugh all the way to the bank"...you mean the way curt schilling,julio lugo and jd drew did?

They all won Championships!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

as has been stated many times, whoever built this forum
    was way overpaid. it's a piece of crap.if i was the GLOBE, I'D BE ASHAMED!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

It's amazing how the Yankees never learned from the ARod, or previous long term contracts they have handed out. Sabathia from what I understand can OPT out of this contract after three years but the Yankees are stuck with his contract regardless if he chooses to stay even if he can't pitch? Shouldn't this be the other way around?

This is going to be another fun subject for the board.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

CC is a quality pitcher. And he bolsters the sorry Yankees rotation for sure. But they tied up a lotta dollars, even by yankee standards, in a guy that'll be a horse all year, and then tire in October. Happened in his Cy Young year. I mean, we worked him over in the ALCS. And it happened this year too (although, admittedly the Brewers rode him to death down the stretch).

CC Sabathia is a really good pitcher. Awesome even. But CC Sabathia is no Johan Santana. Yankees misssed the boat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

HI there tedhead-

Ever heard of David Wells? Don't be such a homer. It's a good signng. Expensive, but the Yankees always have to overpay. Period.

Rational minds know that and don't bash the Yankees payroll.

[Quote]Good news for the Yankees...I guess. But the big fat guys always go down fast and hard. He won't be worth the price of the contract in the long run...maybe in the short term he will.

We will be ok and as stated above this may be the opening for Tex that we needed.[/Quote]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_488491. Show user_488491's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

This is not a bad signing by the Yankees, and as a RedSox fanatic I feel GREAT about it.

Starting pitching is always a gamble once they are old enough to hit free agency.

CC is young for the market, but he has a lot of miles, and pounds on him.

If Yankee pride still exists, and he gets it together and keeps in shape, we will see lot of great baseball with CC on the mound.

But at the end of the day, how much more will he mean to next year's Yankees than Moose's 20 wins?

Notice Moose RAN from that team.

Yankee pride? That went out with Johnny D's beard!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

[Quote]
    This NY fans and media will turn this above avg. pitcher into a drooling tub of goo before this contract is half old. I see a much weightier version of the old soap opera "as the pavano turns" coming to the rotten apple. Enjoy new yorkers and remember to get in line early at the all-you-can-eat establishments if you want to get any grub.
    [/Quote] CC's pizza gets his moneys worth in the buffet line, I can tell you that much.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

A minor league pitcher AND a 48 year old knuckleballer, and what a relief Theo couldnt get Sabathia. 3rd place with Tex. 4th place without. This crap is killing me. What are they thinking?

1st place with or without Tex. You need to lose your fear of the NYY. Every single year it's the same thing. Every signing will be the signing that finally buries us. How many times are you going to shake with fear before you realize that we're better than them? Every winter it's the same. Lucy shows up with the shiny new FA, and promises Charlie Brown that this time it will work. And Charlie asks about all the times it didn't work. And Lucy always promises that this time is will really, really work out. And poor Charlie Brown ends up lying flat on his back, staring blankly at the sky.

You really need to start enjoying this, it's kind of fun.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from eljefe. Show eljefe's posts

Yankees sign Sabathia

Here, here Joe - everyone breath deep............its a long off season and season.