Best sports bars around?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Best sports bars around?

It's no secret that Boston is a sports town. Red Sox, the Celtics, the Pats, the Bruins -- we love them all. What's the best sports bar in town? Why? Big TVs? Nice bartenders? Good brews?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scoobie. Show scoobie's posts

Best sports bars around?

Costellos, JP. Real. Bostonian. Buds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scoobie. Show scoobie's posts

Best sports bars around?

watertown? NO one in their right mind would go there to watch a game. unless they lived there. Ever hear of baseball tavern? game on? robyns, jj brannellys in rossie. WR Pub? stick to subject, BOSTON sports bar.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjwill23. Show sjwill23's posts

Best sports bars around?

I think I have to go with Daisy Buchanons. And yes, Professor Thoms in Manhattan is a great place to watch the Red Sox if your in NY.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ribosox. Show ribosox's posts

Best sports bars around?

my house---go pats!

lynn in nc

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendrguitplayr. Show fendrguitplayr's posts

Best sports bars around?

Another vote for Game On ! 82 Lansdowne St.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slickone. Show slickone's posts

Best sports bars around?

I have to agree, Bostonville Grille is like a sports fans Disney. Everywhere you look there's a flat screen tv, even in each booth you have your own. The food is very good for this type of place, a smaller menu for when the big games are on but if you go on an off game night(i.e. Bruins) the menu is a book. The staff is great ( not too bad to look at during commercials) and the beer list is pleniful, full bar service to. Take the kids along, the game area is huge and even has an indoor street hockey rink, batting cages and just about any other game you can think of.Get there early for big games, it's huge but fills up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duckmano. Show duckmano's posts

Best sports bars around?

I know the question was meant to be what sports bar is the best., but I would have to agree with some of the other posters. Watching the game in my family room is the best place. I do not have to wait in line to go to the bathroom. The beer is really cheap compared to any bar. I do not have drunk idiots in my face or standing in my way. I can wear whatever I want. I can drink as much as I want because I am not driving home. The party food is much cheaper at home too. My wife can watch it with me or do her own thing. It's absolutely the best place to watch the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dparker. Show dparker's posts

Best sports bars around?

Has anyone been to " Docs" in Milford recently? Used to go there for a lot of the big games. Plenty of room, decent food, great atmosphere.......but sub par Televisions the last time I was there. Anyone know if they've upgraded the video?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from geebs70. Show geebs70's posts

Best sports bars around?

Mike's in Davis sq. somerville. spike lee (look-alike) even shows up to irritate the locals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmdt. Show jmdt's posts

Best sports bars around?

A great place to watch a game in Boston is actually in Roslindale - The Pleasant Cafe. They have all new flat screen tv's, the best pizza in the CITY and you don't have to fight to get a seat. Try it for a game or a quick meal -- also, they serve food til 11:30pm. GO PATS!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marqfan22. Show marqfan22's posts

Best sports bars around?

The Courtside in East Cambridge is a good place to watch a game. cheap beer, good food.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom9150. Show tom9150's posts

Best sports bars around?

The Boston Beer Garden in Naples Florida

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from eagan71. Show eagan71's posts

Best sports bars around?

Sonny McLeans in Santa Monica. The only Boston Sports Bar where you can watch a Sox game with team co-owner Tom Werner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billywalsh. Show billywalsh's posts

Best sports bars around?

LMDL,I do not think this guy works or owns the bar.� Of all the people that I've know that work at or own a bar they are not up at 8:24 am posting to bdc for entertainment.Best Sports Bar in Boston :� SPORTS DEPOT!!Outside of Boston:��� Joe Sent Me (an no I am do not work there or own part of it!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from noside61. Show noside61's posts

Best sports bars around?

Coolidge Corner Clubhouse.

Good food, good beer selection and a gazillion TV's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcoogan7. Show tcoogan7's posts

Best sports bars around?

The Fours also�runs an excellent�establishment in Quincy Center.� It has a better layout than the Boston branch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from msantos1116. Show msantos1116's posts

Best sports bars around?

You're exposing my watering hole!

Donahue's is great.......great pub grub and menu, too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from msantos1116. Show msantos1116's posts

Best sports bars around?

Game On sucks.

Why would anybody go to Roslindale unless they live there?� How can you say you can't count a Watertown pub, then you come right back and mention some place in Roslindale?�

Why so hostile?

But anyway, I do like the new Cask n Flagon, I used to like Atlas before it became Tequila Rain for football.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from msantos1116. Show msantos1116's posts

Best sports bars around?

Most bars are pretty good places, if they have a nice TV and an open seat at the bar.

For Boston, I like the following:

For Allston/Brighton area I think the Sports Depot, the White Horse, SoHo, The Joshua Tree, and even the Kells are all pretty good places in terms of screens/food/beer.

For the Kenmore Square area, you have a ton of options.� Never been to the Baseball Tavern, but the Cask n Flagon would be my top choice, and especially now since they redid the interior.� I also like Boston Billiards to watch the Sox games because of some good beer specials.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdowns. Show bdowns's posts

Best sports bars around?

The Rat Pack in Framingham has a great bar and excellent food. They are bringing special projection equipment for the game and have a great special menu. Check it out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobegrass. Show bobegrass's posts

Best sports bars around?

HYMIE HERE.........THE Best place in SOMERVILLE, former ALL American City and now under the political direction of "JOEY CAKES" Curtatone is actually right on the SOMERVILLE / CHARLESTOWN line a place called "THE CELTIC TAVERN" location is where Washington Street meets "MAFAWAY"......One of the classic events that happened in this establisment was a few years ago a notorious scumb bag from Charlesttown had just been released from Walpole State Prison and no one liked this piece of #### at all. There were about 60 people in the bar when someone entered the bar looking for this piece of #### and found him, walked up to him and SHOT him in the head wit a 357 cal hand gun. the side of the guys head flew off and sprayed at least a dozen patrons.........a call was made to the police departments of boston and somerville when the jon-dams arrived there were about 50 patrons still drinking in the bar and after the interviews were completed not one person saw what�happened......they all to a one were in the men's room and/or ladies room relieving themselves not a one eye witness to the HIT the case is still unsolved........GREAT STEAK TIPS also.........PEace 22����

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo333. Show cujo333's posts

Best sports bars around?

how can you leave out the cask 'n flagon?!? the line is always out the door for games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 310to617. Show 310to617's posts

Best sports bars around?

There's a men's hair salon on Newbury Street called High Street that has a huge flat screen and individual flat screens at every station.� There's no food or booze obviously but talk about a hell of a way to multitask!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cp77. Show cp77's posts

Best sports bars around?

1. The Fours, before and after Bruins games.

2. 973 Commonwealth(formerly T's Pub), before and after BU hockey games.

3. The Phoenix Landing in Cambridge, for a big soccer match, English Premier League, Champions League, World Cup, etc. The place to be for a big Liverpool match especially, like this Sunday against Chelsea.

To me, so-called sports bars are all the same, and if I go to an establishment, it's because I'm attending a nearby event or I want to see a game that I can't pick up at home. I'm not going to travel to Game On to watch a Patriots game or a Super Bowl when I can eat and drink more cheaply at home(or someone else's home).