Favorite diners?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from erinwm. Show erinwm's posts

Re: Favorite diners?

Miss Flo's in Florence.
    Jake's in downtown Noho.
    If you don't want to mention anything west of Worcester, then title the article "Best Diners in Eastern Mass." 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from total-rule. Show total-rule's posts

The 50's Diner in Dedham just off of Route 1. Right down the street from Legacy Place. Good prices, great food.

Only downside is it is cash only.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darling2. Show darling2's posts

These are not diners.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick405. Show Rick405's posts

Airport Diner on Shirley Road in Shirley.
    Just a short distance off Rt. 2 (Exit 36)

(Observe the speed limits on Shirley Rd)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsulbyrne. Show jsulbyrne's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darling2. Show darling2's posts

n Response to Re: Favorite diners?:
    The 50's Diner in Dedham just off of Route 1. Right down the street from Legacy Place. Good prices, great food. Only downside is it is cash only.
    Posted by total-rule

Is this place actually a "Diner" or just called a Diner?  Diners were  built specifically to resemble a dining car on a train.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ridley-. Show Ridley-'s posts

No Arthur's Paradise Diner in Lowell?

I still dream of Boott Mills.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebdog. Show kebdog's posts

Glad to see someone added the Miss Florence Diner!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from squidly50. Show squidly50's posts

The Agawam Dinner in Agawam, MA! You can never go wrong there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tysondog. Show tysondog's posts

What's wrong with the South Shore??  

Dave's Diner in Middleboro is a great place...lines out the door on the weekend!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from frank02152. Show frank02152's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite diners?:
    Wilson's Diner in Waltham.
    Posted by skidpalace2

I second Wilson's Diner in Waltham! A true greasy spoon with a Greek twist. The food is good, the service great and the proces reasonable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeDeAngelis. Show JoeDeAngelis's posts

As a Holy Cross Alum, there is absolutely no question as the vote goes definitely to the Woo.  "Eggs-over" or a "VC with blood" at 1 am on a weekend was the meal of choice. During reunions, going there and listening to the crack of a frozen VC pattie on the granite counter before its dipping in cooking oil made you say " ahhh...there's no place like home".   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spring_Hill_Gang. Show Spring_Hill_Gang's posts

Of Course Central Mass has the Best

Gotta say, as a resident of Somerville I'd rather see Kelly's on the list than any other Somerville joint.  But of course Worchester-Fitchburg has all the best.  And as others have said-any list without the Agawam in Rowley is no list at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonjohn25. Show bostonjohn25's posts

Capitol Diner in Lynn. The only 1928 Brill Dining Car left. Excelent food, excelent prices, and three generations of great service. Try it and you will go back!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from care-bear. Show care-bear's posts

Whately! And the Deluxe Town Diner in Watertown.

The food at Rosebud is consistently nauseating.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AguaCaliente. Show AguaCaliente's posts

The Albany, NY metro area has got to be Diner Central.  The Halfmoon Diner in Clifton Park, NY is a really good one. My dad went there for years. Not long after his death, my brother and I went in to the Halfmoon and told the hostess who we were.

"Hey JACK," yelled the hostess to the manager. "These are Lester's boys!"
    We gave them the bad news. Jack told us he'd wondered why my dad hadn't been in for a while and that he'd always talked about us.

I like the Malta Diner in Malta, NY, as well. Great for breakfast before going to the track in Saratoga Springs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

without a doubt  the Agawam  Rtre 1  Rowley   ---  Always packed,   orders are served  quick, hot and without a mistake..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuzinjo. Show cuzinjo's posts

You folks have obviously never been to the wonderful town of Turner's Falls, just acrosss the Connecticut River from Greenfield. I don't remember the name of it, but there's a diner right on the main drag that TOTALLY beats the pants off the five you list that I've been to. I HAVE to stop there every trip out Route 2.

...And what about the one on Main St. in Waltham?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

My favorite was Carrolls diner in Medford.  I did a google and it seems to be back in business.  My hubby and I use to go there all the time but it wasn't the same after they got a liquor license.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bupkisboy. Show bupkisboy's posts

The Miss Florence Diner in Florence, MA gets my vote.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from independentone. Show independentone's posts

Betsy's in Falmouth on Cape Cod!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mummacat. Show mummacat's posts

MY FAVORITE DINER IS BETSY'S IN FALMOUTH.  BUT MY ALL TIME FAVORITE, ALBEIT IN NEW HAMPSHIRE IS DEFINETLY MISS WAKEFIELD'S IN WAKEFIELD, NEW HAMPSHIRE. HAS ANYONE BEEN THERE?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Victoria's on Mass Ave in Dorchester,  Lighthouse in Medford Square

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jay8852. Show jay8852's posts

Wheelhouse in Quincy hands down.

But if the idea is to go with an 'authentic' train car experience, the guy on the midmorning Acela Express to Penn Station makes a fantastic microwaveable turkey sandwich.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RazzMattazz. Show RazzMattazz's posts

"...BUT MY ALL TIME FAVORITE, ALBEIT IN NEW HAMPSHIRE IS DEFINETLY MISS WAKEFIELD'S IN WAKEFIELD, NEW HAMPSHIRE. HAS ANYONE BEEN THERE?"

NO, I HAVE NOT. DO YOU HAVE TO SHOUT YOUR ORDERS INTO THE KITCHEN THERE??

;^)

Sorry, couldn't resist........Whereabouts is Wakefield, NH?