Best Buffalo wings in New England?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swazz. Show Swazz's posts

Best wings in Connecticut hands down: Sliders, either in Berlin or Southington. And try the garlic & pepper! Also, coldest beer and best place to watch a game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckhndrsn. Show chuckhndrsn's posts

wings express are both great. where is buff's pub in newton?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kentrosi. Show kentrosi's posts

DJs in Hyannis is excellent as is Wing It in Allston, but The Charlie Horse in Kingston is good as well. One of my favorites though is Hooters. Really great wings and consistant at every location.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz1984. Show fitz1984's posts

Wings Over Amherst (The Hangar) definitely should have been on the list.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from feedmittens. Show feedmittens's posts

[Quote]I moved here from North Buffalo 12 years ago, and have yet to find a single establishment that does quality wings Buffalo-style. Admittedly I haven't been to many of the places that are on that list, but I do wonder what Sunset is doing there, they don't make very good wings.

Don't get me wrong, there are great places to get wings here -- Boston can be proud of the Harp's version of "Buffalo" wings (in my mind, they're still just chicken wings), and the Wings Over franchise does a great job too, but I think the style -- unbreaded, dry, crispy, and exceedingly spicy with a cayenne and butter based sauce, and real Blue Cheese on the side (not the pureed nonsense cut with mayo) -- just doesn't mesh with blue-blooded New England tastes.[/Quote]

I'm from Buffalo as well and there is no comparison to most of the wings found here. I'm not slagging on Boston wings, but some of the ones sold hear barely pass as chicken wings! (FYI there is NO SUCH THING as a boneless chicken, so stop calling them boneless wings please! Boneless wings don't even contain wing meat!)

Anyway, Buff's isn't bad (but it's no Duff's!). 21 Nickels in Watertown does a good job with their wings. I totally disagree about Sunset - I'm really not a fan of their wings at all.

I make them at home these days so that I'm not disappointed when I order out. I'll make it a point to try that Whiskey's place mentioned on the list, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Burkie91. Show Burkie91's posts

Windy City in Dorchester

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I miss Wendell's so bad!!! It is the best. If you've never tried it, you HAVE to go there. I totally disagree with the Globe that the wings are over-fried. At least they weren't when I was going there 5 years ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtuomanen. Show mtuomanen's posts

Wing-itz on Route 1 in Portsmouth NH, after Water Country on your left heading north. 20 - 30 varieties of sauces, and subs and salads for those who can't take the spicy stuff! Try to eat a few "El Diablos" (without blue cheese) and get your picture posted on the Wall of Flame!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from May1975. Show May1975's posts

I live on the North Shore and there are absolutely no Wings places anywhere.....unless someone can alert me to where they are?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tieds. Show tieds's posts

Buffs is SO FAR overrated its not funny. I live right near there and they are nothing special at all. Especially recently; they are going down hill. DSont even deserve to be anywhere near the top 10, never mind no 1...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMH. Show GMH's posts

Halfway Cafe in Dedham has the best wings hands down. Their other locations are good (Watertown, Canton, Marlborough, Marshfield, Holbrook), but the wings in Dedham rock.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NJScott. Show NJScott's posts

patrick's pub in Pittsfield rules.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ellenise. Show ellenise's posts

Buffalo sauce is not enjoyable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mere124. Show mere124's posts

Quicky's in Chicopee, MA!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RayRay01. Show RayRay01's posts

Jgriffinfitz, Wing-It in Allston, MA is still AWESOME. They over 20 different flavors and they have been known to sell out, especially during the Superbowl. My faves are Buttery BBQ and Honey Glazed Garlic. They do have the standard Buffalo wing in Mild to suicide. This DEFINITELY was one place that should've made the list.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from babyd. Show babyd's posts

I agree with Windy City in Dorchester - Neponset Circle. At the corner of Adams Street and Gallivan Blvd. The best wings! I used to live on Adams Street and then moved to Braintree, but for wings we always drove to Dorchester to get Windy City wings! We tried Wendell's in Norton, not as good as Windy City.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

It's good to see some people here are vouching for the Hangar. I'm shocked it's not on the list. You haven't gone to UMass if you haven't had wings at least once. Ask anyone's who has gone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jswone. Show jswone's posts

Best wings by far is Clancy's in S. Dennis, MA ( not Yartmouth) by far the best Boneless Buffalo Wings ever. Sauce and Blue cheese are all made from scratch. Unbelievably great; I cried the first time I had them. Make a special 2 hour trip to the cape when I am jonesing.

Runner-up: Great Lost Bear in Portland! They serve the entire wing and they have over 60 drafts on tap to put that deliciousness down. Try the white Alagash, perfect combo.... and cheap!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston5911. Show boston5911's posts

Buff's is great. Ask for them crispy and wet, otherwise they tend to be undersauced

Chicken Bone in Framingham rocks. Great wings, great place period. I used to live near there, went all the time. Nowin Boston, have not been to the one in Fenway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from imissthesebars. Show imissthesebars's posts

Buff's is way overrated. Try Harp and Bard on Dot. Ave. in Dorchester. Excellent boneless and homemade blue cheese dressing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joscolb25. Show joscolb25's posts

I love Buff's and The Chicken Bone...but the best is Quicky's in Western Ma. Without a doubt.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seamus475. Show seamus475's posts

Hands Down or up in this case. FRANK'S STEAKHOUSE - Mass Ave Cambridge. Generous helping of Meaty wings,great HOT sauce and a touch of crispness on wings. I've had wings from all over. FRANK"S takes it all. BEST OF SHOW.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from regieg. Show regieg's posts

I must agree with the comments that Buff's is nothing special. They are moderately priced and they have beer there, but that's about it.

If you are in Newton, you must check out Tri-City Wings...I can't properly state how good the wings are. They have only been around for a little more than two years, but they are definately the best I have ever had.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from risethephoenix. Show risethephoenix's posts

Chikcen Bone is a cool place to drink & watch music but the wings aren't good at all. I don't really like breaded, crunchy wings. Wings Express in Waltham is probably my favorite although I injured myself one night with an order of "Meltdown".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from me-too. Show me-too's posts

Sorry all you New Englanders, THE only place to get Buffalo Style chicken wings is in Buffalo,NY....... end of story (or within a 50 mile radius). Even Bobby Flay knew enough to go to the Anchor Bar to have a Throwdown of chicken wings on the Food Network !!!!!