Best Buffalo wings in New England?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tysondog. Show tysondog's posts

Re: Best Buffalo wings in New England?

I'm glad that Wendell's Pub in Norton made the list.   Good to see that all the best ones aren't just in the Boston area!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chemjes. Show Chemjes's posts

OK, this is going to sound wierd, but as a wing expert I am extremely impressed with the wings at The Pheonix in Shirley MA, and shirly (surely) I'm not joking.  Cheap too.  Other stuff is really good also.  Its a bit of a dive though, just good food.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxruleworld. Show soxruleworld's posts

I'll agree on Wendells and Sunset Grill from the list.....those are the best buffalo wings I have ever had!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sickdeer. Show sickdeer's posts

WHATTA WING in Arlington, next to the Capital Theater....best Buffalo Wings and they also have 30 different sauces made in house....meaty wings and not overcooked.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tupa. Show tupa's posts

Dont know how you could go wrong with 10cent wings at The Red Hat downtown Boston.  With pitchers of beer.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kluckr. Show Kluckr's posts

In Response to Best Buffalo wings in New England?:
    [QUOTE]Where are some of the best places in New England for a steamy, spicy plate of Buffalo wings?
    Posted by ewilbur[/QUOTE]
    So I had to chime in. Lived in Boston for ten years and loved wings so much I created an iphone app called Kluckr for all wing connoiseurs.

Midnight at Wingit might be my favorite memory although there are plenty of great places to go in Boston now.  Post MGC Hockey Games was buffs pub on more than one occassion. I miss you Boston.

So add your favorite wing joints or rate or review them on the iphone or at kluckr.com.

I would love to know what the pro's think!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kluckr. Show Kluckr's posts

In Response to Re: Best Buffalo wings in New England?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Best Buffalo wings in New England? : So I had to chime in. Lived in Boston for ten years and loved wings so much I created an iphone app called Kluckr for all wing connoiseurs. Midnight at Wingit might be my favorite memory although there are plenty of great places to go in Boston now.  Post MGC Hockey Games was buffs pub on more than one occassion. I miss you Boston. So add your favorite wing joints or rate or review them on the iphone or at kluckr.com. I would love to know what the pro's think!!!
    Posted by Kluckr[/QUOTE]
    I meant MDC...ugh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpoor. Show jpoor's posts

Cullpeppers in North Andover MA have great wings

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ObiWannabe. Show ObiWannabe's posts

Really like Chicken Bone and the Hangar.  Sunset's burgers are better than their wings but the wings are fine.  Out in the suburbs, I like the wings at Stone's Public House in Ashland.  Not just Franks (though that is a key ingredient in the wings I make) but also something a bit hotter and tangy.  Probably habenero pepper.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cybah. Show cybah's posts

For a fairly new place.. Wings over Somerville is pretty good. Nice N meaty wings and spicy!  Wings Express, WingIt, and the like are all sprouts from each other (as are "pizza & sub shops" in this area too!), so they are all bound to be pretty good.

I will say Sunset Grille is a total mistake on this list. Not when you have WingIt nearby. I second the thought that this list came from the Phantom Gourmet, as they tout Sunset left and right, when the place.. except for the beer selection.. stinks as a whole. (service, food, ambience, etc)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nasochkas. Show Nasochkas's posts

As long as they are very spicy, crispy, not dripping in too much sauce (but spicy) and NOT breaded..i like them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from loaner621. Show loaner621's posts

Wendalls! Throw some darts while you wait. Best I have had!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3911769. Show user_3911769's posts

Off topic but two of the best sandwich joints in the area aren't listed in the Best Sandwiches category...

Nelios - in Lexington, has housemade pastrami on Thursdays only,.. and its very good,they have a nice selection of sandwiches every day as well..

and

Dominic's Panini - in Waltham, with its homemade bread for every sandwich is top notch. I like the mediteranean Tuna, with olive paste, artichoke and field greens.. very good. The Pizza slices and Gnochi is good too..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gotham77. Show gotham77's posts

What planet am I on? Sunset Grill & Tap? Are you serious? That place would be out of business in a week if they weren't perfectly located to take advantage of a steady stream of drunk/stoned college students that don't know any better. The food there is AWFUL. I've had the wings, they're just as terrible as everything else on the menu.

How did you compile this list? Did you actually TRY the food? Did you talk to a food critic? Did you talk to some expert in buffalo wings (don't laugh, I'm sure someone, somewhere, has published a book on the food)? Or is it just a popularity contest? Because just because thousands of idiots are willing to tell you "oh that place makes the best" doesn't mean it's true.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gotham77. Show gotham77's posts

And by the way, the best wings I've ever had in Boston were from Wings Express in Brighton. I have no idea if they're "the best in New England," which is a ridiculous question to ask since someone from Northern Maine knows about as much about Boston restaurants as I know about Northern Maine restaurants.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PistolPete1. Show PistolPete1's posts

Hands down WINGS YOUR WAY....   two locations in Manchester NH and Hampton on Route 1......   The wings are huge (they get special wings from mutant chickens, I think), choice of like 20 differenc sauces (Special Reserve all the way though....   it is one of the best Habanero sauces I have had ANYWHERE), cold beer, and every single one of the servers i have ever met are all great folks!!  I hope they open their next location somewhere closer to the border, so I can get my wings on a lot easier.

I am telling you, 12 of the Special Reserve, with a Sam Adams....   heaven!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gotham77. Show gotham77's posts

In Response to Re: Best Buffalo wings in New England?:
    [QUOTE]I do not eat meat any more but there are some delicious vegetarian ones that are meatless that are available at the supermarket.
    Posted by GingerMedford5ft3in100lb[/QUOTE]

I'll make a deal with you: don't intrude on this discussion about chicken wings with any nonsense about meatless doo-doo in the supermarket, and I'll promise never to intrude on a discussion of "best salad in Boston" by telling you about the steaks at Smith & Wollensky. 'Kay?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJP143. Show BJP143's posts

In Response to Best Buffalo wings in New England?:
    [QUOTE]I live on the North Shore and there are absolutely no Wings places anywhere.....unless someone can alert me to where they are?
    Posted by May1975[/QUOTE]

Michael's in Newburyport has wonderful wings.  Tangy sauce, real bleu cheese.  I crave them all the time. . .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tardo0807. Show tardo0807's posts

Gritty McDuffs? and not Wing It? wow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tikes. Show tikes's posts

Clancy's in Dennisport.  I feel like driving there right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlcheron. Show jlcheron's posts

How the heck does Chicken Bone, the most awful, oily wings anywhere around, make a list of best wings?
    Wings Over Framingham, a recent try, is pretty good. It's not Buffs, by far the best around, but minus Busy B (sadly long closed; Jon, we miss you), what else is there?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbeerbc. Show jbeerbc's posts

silvertone... if you don't know it, git there..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from twilsn. Show twilsn's posts

In Response to Best Buffalo wings in New England?: I agree the best wings I have had on the cape. There buffalo garlic wings are my favorite.
    [QUOTE]DJ's Family Sports Pub in Hyannis, hands down. On 28 at Willow Street. Best homemade blue cheese. Lots o' sauces. Fried crispy--no soft and gooey skin--like they're supposed to be. Individual LCD TVs at every table. COLD draft. Need I say more? (Oh, yeah--a good place to take kids as well)
    Posted by MarkRaffier[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from megustaleer. Show megustaleer's posts

The BOYNTON in Worcester.  Near WPI.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuriel. Show nuriel's posts

Boneyard in Seekonnk,MA (rte 152).  Had the hardest time finding big, meaty wings, and someon rec this place....lots of harleys out front, but never a problem.  Absolutely best wings.  Meatier than any place I have been, and its a nightmare trying to decide whic flavor is the best because they are all so flavorful, and unique.

Thx for the rec, Dave! Spot on!