Tell us your favorite New England ice cream spot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCFeaturesEditor. Show BDCFeaturesEditor's posts

Tell us your favorite New England ice cream spot

The weather is warming up, which means it's time to hit the beach and grab a nice, cold ice cream cone. Check out our picks for the top ice cream locales in New England and make sure to share some of your favorites with us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayway. Show jayway's posts

Re: Tell us your favorite New England ice cream spot

A hidden gem is The North Street Dairy Cone (https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Street-Dairy-Cone/9032398354) in Waterville, Maine. Homemade ice cream that is as good as any I've ever had. Way better than the industrial ones mentioned in the article. Their ice cream is also served at The Smithfield Ice Cream Place (http://smithfieldicecreamplace.com/)in Smithfield, Maine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fortejones. Show Fortejones's posts

Moozy's in Belmont Ma.   The best!!

http://www.moozysicecream.com/#!home/mainPage

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basildave. Show basildave's posts

It's not my favorite spot but since the article included lots of chains and franchises, I think it's unfair that Haagen Dazs was excluded.  The Dulce de Leche is excellent and the Rum Raisin is to my favorite "fruit" ice cream. 

My favorite is definitely Christina's in Inman Sq, which they did include.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moe2378. Show moe2378's posts

Uncle Ed's in Norton, MA.  superb.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from j-m-. Show j-m-'s posts

I'm partial to Meletharb's in Wakefield and Pizzi's in Waltham.  Both make the ice cream in house.  Meletharb's is a little "higher end," and sometimes has a very unique flavor.  They seem to be artisans of ice cream.  Yet, they're in a strip mall so it's not too intimidating.  (The place next door has great Chicken Kabobs as well.)

Pizzi's showed movies (usually Pixar-types, not like Raging Bull.) on Tuesday night's last summer, so getting a cone with a free movie was a fun night out.  Pizzi's has the usual flavors, and this month they have a crazy-good caramel, sea salt, bourbon concontion.  Plus, Pizzi's is really good about not saying anything sarcastic about asking for three different flavors together.  I can never pick just one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from golf123. Show golf123's posts

One of the best spots that I have been to in a long time is Frozen Yogurt Innovations in Wayland, Massachusetts.  They are a locally owned small business.  Their frozen yogurt is so good that you would think that it was ice cream but with lower calories and health benefits.  They also cater to those people who have nut allergies like my son by having a designated nut section.  I love their flavors and toppings.  If you are ever in the area you should check them out. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adavis474. Show adavis474's posts

Ben and Bill's chocolate emporium (Martha's Vineyard & Bar Harbor).  The mocha chip has serious chocolate chunks.

Also Rota Springs in Sterling(?) for something a little closer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from someonespecial. Show someonespecial's posts

Buttonwood Farms in CT.  It's in the middle of nowhere, most people will never bother to go, but I think its the best in New England.

http://www.buttonwoodfarmicecream.com/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from svonkie. Show svonkie's posts

Park Street Ice Cream in Natick Center. It's a Natick institution, situated off of the town common in a small, quaint little building that is so distinctive that a movie was filmed there last year. The ice cream is homemade, always fresh, always flavorful.  You can grab a cup or a cone and then sit underneath a tree on the common while you savor it on a hot summer's day. Nothing beats it! http://parkstreeticecream.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from spencerz. Show spencerz's posts

Somerset Creamery in Somerset!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4177605. Show user_4177605's posts

Crescent Ridge in Sharon. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from barberdeen. Show barberdeen's posts

Definitely Kimball's.  I've gone there since I was a child, and the ice cream is still as great as it was back then. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dswgr6. Show dswgr6's posts

Best ice cream in NE?  UConn's Dairy Bar!  Unfortunately it's too far for us to get to.  So we go to our #2 spot -- Kimballs!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from collegeprofinboston. Show collegeprofinboston's posts

Kimball Farms- it doesn't get better. REAL New England Ice Cream. I grew up eating Kimball's, and moved away in my 20s and 30s - never found anything that tasted as good. Best thing was that I moved back to the area 10 years ago. Kimball's!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PRCnWbro. Show PRCnWbro's posts

Ullman's in Westborough!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NaziraMishalanie. Show NaziraMishalanie's posts

Cape Cod Creamery on Route 28 in South Yarmouth.  While it's not as much into Sundaes as Sundae School, the iced cream and service is hands down every bit as good, and many - including me and everyone I know whi has been to both - say it's head and shoulders above Four Sea.  The ice cream is handmade, right on the premises, can often be found in local stores in the off-season, is creatively named after Cape places and is way beyond delicious.  If you don't see what you're looking for, just as, and no doubt they're making Cotuit Coconut, Madaket Mango, or Sand Neck Snickers in back and will get you just what you'd like, just like you'd like it ... And, once you get your cone, there are great blue and yellow seats on which to to sit outside and enjoy your treat ... The delightfully decorated and heavenly smelling establishment (it didn't take long for this place to become established; it's been featured in Boston magazines and won awards on and off Cape), is handicapped accessible.   Nothing here is left to chance ... It's definitely a delicious destination.Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from franknbeans. Show franknbeans's posts

Mount Toms Ice Cream shop in Easthampton, MA has some of the best ice cream I've ever eaten. Beats Herrell's in Northampton hands down. Excellent homemade ice cream and always new flavors to try. One of my favs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from erniedouglas. Show erniedouglas's posts

Any place that sells Shain's of Maine...the variety they offer is awesome, and it is sooooooo good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tracine. Show tracine's posts

Crescent Ridge Dairy Sharon - the best for years!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zavski88. Show zavski88's posts

Morano Gelato....Hanover, NH!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GilbyTheCrossDresser. Show GilbyTheCrossDresser's posts

Richardsons in Middleton, MA.

Hands down, the best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AguaCaliente. Show AguaCaliente's posts

Well, my own favorite is Sundae School (several Cape locations), but the truth is, here in Massachusetts you'd have to go out of your way to find an ice cream stand that isn't at least really good. I still miss the Bailey's hot fudge Sundaes, though. There's good ice cream in other parts of the country, but it generally isn't as plentiful as it is here, from what I have seen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fraiseframboise. Show fraiseframboise's posts

"Ditto" to the vote by "dswgr6"! UConn's dairy bar is simply AMAZING....super fresh, super creamy and delicious flavors! You can watch the grazing cows from their agriculture program while you indulge. I am lucky in that our son goes to UConn - so we get ice cream while we are there visiting, and then bring our cooler, complete with ice packs, so we can bring home another half gallon. Definitely worth the trip to Storrs!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikef250. Show mikef250's posts

One at each end of New England.  UConn's Dairy Bar, Storr's Connecticut and Giffords Outer Broadway, Bangor Maine.