What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from itzmikey. Show itzmikey's posts

Re: What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

Billy's Roast Beef on Main St on the Melrose/Wakefield line has some of the best fried clams on the North Shore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicanNU. Show RicanNU's posts

Sorry..Belle Isle- East Boston

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amoschet. Show amoschet's posts

What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

Lenny and Joe's Fishtail in Madison, CT. I've been going there for 31 years, ever since it was a kitchen and some picnic tables. People drive hours to come to this place, don't know how it didn't make the "list"!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJGEverett. Show KJGEverett's posts

Woodmans in Essex. The best of the best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guin66. Show Guin66's posts

Reds in Wiscasset has hands down the best lobster roll around.  Get it with the melted butter on the side.  YUM!

Phils on the route into Boothbay Harbor is also a great place and worth the stop.  Phil does all the baking himself.  Get there early if you want to try his unbelievable key lime pie.

Locally, I like the Hingham Lobster Pound.  The freshest fish, never greasy, everything cooked to order and delicious.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jnsigel. Show jnsigel's posts

In Response to What are your favorite New England clam shacks?:
    Who has the best fried clams? Stuffies or clam cakes? Do you like your chowder red, white, or clear? Where are the best clam shacks on the North Shore, South Shore, Cape, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island?
    Posted by BDCTravelStaff

What about Baxter's in Hyannis? How did that place not make the list?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiene. Show fiene's posts

I would say that Tall Barneys in Jonesport Maine is the finest in Downeast seafood from fried clams to chowders and stews and lobster rolls.
    It is 1 hour north of Bar Harbor on Rt 1 and then down 187 to the end of the Penninsula.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sunshine85. Show Sunshine85's posts

D&G in Norwood has the BEST lobster rolls!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mrhifi. Show Mrhifi's posts

The best clams in the world are in the Ipswich/Essex area. You can't go wrong at anyone of those fine establishments that were mentioned. My preference though is the Clam Box followed closely by Farnham's. Worth the drive to even for those who don't live close by, you will not be dissapointed!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMello. Show PMello's posts

Last year down the Cape I had Seafood Sam's which historically has been my 'go to' for whole belly fried clams.  With the last 2 visits being sub-par I decided to try Cooke's.. not much better if at all.  Then I had the best clams I have had in a long time at Baxter's Fish and Chips situated right in Hyannis Harbor.  What a great meal and an even better spot.  Catching a boat to Nantucket?  Get there early and hang out on the deck at Baxter's.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathadile. Show cathadile's posts

Caswell's - Weymouth Mass

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueNova. Show BlueNova's posts

In Response to What are your favorite New England clam shacks?:
    Who has the best fried clams? Stuffies or clam cakes? Do you like your chowder red, white, or clear? Where are the best clam shacks on the North Shore, South Shore, Cape, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island?
    Posted by BDCTravelStaff

Charlie's Place in Gloucester, MA on Bass Ave.  Cheaper and good as is all the other food such a "Cheeks!"  Any New Englander worth his salt, likes his chowdah white and thick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrwizard007. Show mrwizard007's posts

Hands down, two best places are Cobie's in Brewster and Sandy's in Plymouth. Cobie's has the best strips on the cape and Sandy's combination of great Lobster roll and their location ON the beach there is unmatched.  Can't believe neither made the globe's list........................ wait, yes I can. Neither is listed on the top 100 list they ripped off since neither is "trendy" or "famous"
    sad

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrwizard007. Show mrwizard007's posts

Go to fullsize image

can't beat theat view from Sandy's at sunset.... 20 feet from the water

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mcarvey. Show Mcarvey's posts

Markey's Lobster Pound  Seabrook NH 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rs1981. Show rs1981's posts

Little Jack's, Hampton Beach, NH.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwconn. Show cwconn's posts

Bob Lobster, Plum Island

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aa9999. Show aa9999's posts

The Friendly Fisherman on Rte 6 in Eastham. The clams are the best. Light batter and sweet as can be. For a great price, you will get the most tasty lobster roll overflowing with meat. Afterwards, hit the fish market for the best stuffies around, especially when cooked on the grill. They have just the right amount of spice and are always moist.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyjoe. Show Mattyjoe's posts

Kool Kone in Wareham, MA and Turkes in Mattapoisett

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from leefee. Show leefee's posts

The Bite is the best!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOldBear. Show TheOldBear's posts

The Clambake in Pine Point, Maine ... just north of Old Orchard Beach.  As a kid, I spent my summers at Pine Point in the 1960s and remember when this place started as a part-time business by the local barber/lobersterman.  It was just a 10x10 shack with a shed roof.  Over the years it has grown into a huge operation with an enclosed dining area and a licensed bar -- but still provides huge servings of quality Down East fare at honest prices.  And clams and other fried sea food can be done in either batter or crumbs as you prefer!

The Clambake
    358 Pine Point Road
    Scarborough, ME 04074
    (207) 883-4871
    http://www.clambakerestaurant.com

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from marczz. Show marczz's posts

The Clam Box by far.  Woodsmen's clams are small and over cooked.  You can snap Woodmen's fried clams in two.  I like hot juicy clams with light crisp batter.  These clams are from the Clam Box.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan815. Show patsfan815's posts

Can't believe Belle Isle in Winthrop / East Boston line was left off this list! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moody818. Show moody818's posts

You have already listed most of them (Farnham's, Kelly's, Two Lights, and Bob's Clam Hut) but here are a few more:

Jake's --  Route 1, Moody/Wells, Maine.  Not the best but always very good and perhaps the most reasonalby priced of all of the clam shack type places.

Arundel Seafood Center --  Route 1, Arundel, Maine.  Perhaps the "hidden treasure" of all of the clam shack type places.  For many years I just drove by this place and now that I know how good it is I wish I had stopped there years ago.  The fried food is amongst the best I have ever had, the place is always spotlessly clean and the staff are always pleasant.

Boothbay Lobster Wharf --  Atlantic Avenue, Boothbay Harbor, Maine (on the East side of the Harbor).  The food is average and sometimes a bit greasy but it is situated right on the harbor and adjacent to a working lobster dock.  The scenery can not be beat when you are sitting on a picnic table on the wharf on a nice sunny day.

Regarding a few of the places you already mentioned. 

Farnham's has the best fried shrimp I have had.

Kelly's is a must if you have guests visiting from far away and want to get a good taste of Boston.

Bob's Clam Hut in Kittery is one of the two best places I have ever been for Onion Rings (the other best place is the Weathervane restaurant which is right across the street).

Two Lights is a fabulous place to be when the surf is a bit wild... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moojotro. Show moojotro's posts

Are you kidding me? Red's Eats- Wiscasset, ME Best Lobstah Roll in the universe!!