What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woo. Show woo's posts

Ceals Clam Stand - Seabrook , NH

A true clam shack and best fried clams in my opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shadow123456. Show shadow123456's posts

J.T. Farnhams #1 for clams and service!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeygl. Show joeygl's posts

KEVIN'S SEAFOOD IN SOUTH YARMOUTH IS WHAT A CLAM SHACK SHOULD BE!! GO WHERE ALL THE LOCAL'S GO AND YOU WON'T GO WRONG.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -K-. Show -K-'s posts

Tony's Clam Shack, Wollaston Beach, Quincy... yum, and recently featured on Phantom Gourmet as a Hidden Jewel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lou-gorman. Show lou-gorman's posts

I wonder why you left out the only other New England state with coastline?  Usual practice for the Globe.

On the topic:  Abbott's in Noank, CT.  A short little drive from Mystic.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrMoo. Show MrMoo's posts

Don't forget Ronnie's in Charlton..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from warreng. Show warreng's posts

no love for Brown's up in Seabrook/Salisbury area?
    The fried lobster there is tha bomb.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kymbles. Show kymbles's posts

Ronnie's Seafood in Auburn, Mass is the best clam shack by far...the lobster roll, chowder, clams, fritters, and ice cream are all outstanding.  It's not summer until I've had my Ronnie's! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjc52. Show sjc52's posts

How could you leave out Gene's Lobster Shack in Fairhaven MA?  They have been in business over 50 years and serve GREAT Fried Clams, Fish and Chips and a seafood plate to die for!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geekgirl629. Show Geekgirl629's posts

Great list... but... you missed Lime Rickey's on Deveraux Beach in Marblehead.. great clams and a band on the weekends!  If you're in Maine Mike's Clam Shack in Wells is a MUST visit!   YUM!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jruth25. Show jruth25's posts

Farnham's in Essex but especially Jakes in Wells, Maine - the BEST

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from klb9r. Show klb9r's posts

Far and away, the clam shack in Falmouth. Seeing the boats inand out of the harbor while you eat intensifies the experience. Why would anyone want to eat clams at a road side stand?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcreedon. Show gcreedon's posts

In Fairhaven, Mass., right there on Rt 6 (146 Huttleston Avenue), is Gene's Famous Seafoods. Great place! They take your order on a paper bag in a kind of random fashion. Everything is good!

http://www.menujoy.com/menu71.htm

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackSparrow. Show JackSparrow's posts

Gene's, a classic in Fairhaven MA for years!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from koba. Show koba's posts

I ate at Farnham's in Essex on Easter Sunday because I couldn't get into Lewis's. What a disappointment. Talk about tasteless food! The ambiance is just as tasteless, too. Farnham's is the mirror that reflects today's culture in America; mediocrity at its worst. And you better be prepared to pay an outrageous price for those greasy, tasteless clams, fries, and onion rings. Whoever thinks Farnham's is worth the trip has never been to a real clam shack.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clamham. Show clamham's posts

For those on the South Shore...Tony's on Wollaston Beach. Great value and delicious clams.

I always bring a jar of tartar sauce with me...the tartar sauce to clam ratio is extremely important and the shacks never give you enough. It embarrases the hell out of my wife but the smile on my face says it all!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from don15. Show don15's posts

hey you said best in new england
    as far as i know maine is still part of all that
    soooo, what about ken's place in oob or the lobster shack in cape elizabeth

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KPortME. Show KPortME's posts

I can't believe you left out The Clam Shack in Kennebunk.  Straddling the bridge between Kennebunk and Kennbunkport (Taint Town), Steve Kingston offers the best fried clams and any other fresh seafood you could ask for.  They've been written up in more magazines and books and likely have served more Presidents (U.S. and foreign) than all of those listed combined.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PBBob. Show PBBob's posts

The Clam Shack is adjacent to FALMOUTH Harbor, not Woods Hole.  It is 5 miles from Woods Hole Harbor, as anyone who has ever run the Falmouth Road Race (or even driven the course) would know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdat11. Show jdat11's posts

Peaty's is 5 minutes away in Rye beach and is good, but woodmans and clambox are great

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdat11. Show jdat11's posts

oh and if you like you chowda red, you deserve to be kicked out of New england and deported to f-hatten

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agerns. Show agerns's posts

Out of range of your question, but  my absolute favorite is  Fisherman's Friend of Deer Isle, Maine.  Terrific, very fresh seafood. Great fried clams, great fresh pies and the lobster stew is to die for.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1198922. Show user_1198922's posts

Is Macintyres still around?   Thought it was in North Andover or Georgetown.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from n0th1ng. Show n0th1ng's posts

[Quote]I ate at Farnham's in Essex on Easter Sunday because I couldn't get into Lewis's. What a disappointment. Talk about tasteless food! The ambiance is just as tasteless, too. Farnham's is the mirror that reflects today's culture in America; mediocrity at its worst. And you better be prepared to pay an outrageous price for those greasy, tasteless clams, fries, and onion rings. Whoever thinks Farnham's is worth the trip has never been to a real clam shack.[/Quote]

You celebrated Easter with dinner at a clam shack? WOW. That's something my friend. No wonder you came away empty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainstreetnorth. Show mainstreetnorth's posts

How about Ken's Place in Scarborough, Maine ( Pine Point)? They do clams in batter or crumbs. Absolutely delicious and the portions are plentiful.