Arlington, MA Override? Yes or No and why

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reginamp. Show reginamp's posts

Arlington, MA Override? Yes or No and why

I created a GROUP on FACEBOOK regarding this discussion. If you're a FB user, come join our Arlington, MA Override? Yes or No and why and give your input to this important discussion. Let your voice be heard. Warning: all posts are personally attack another individual will be removed. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joetod. Show joetod's posts

Re: Arlington, MA Override? Yes or No and why

No. Managers...are hired to manage...that includes budgets! Instead of doing the heavy lifting they keep depending on the over-rides to bail them out.  Well what about the seniors who have lived and payed their taxes over the years...they don't get a break unless they are almost at the poverty level! In other states the give a homestead break for seniors and there taxes are much lower but not in Taxachusetts!  We can't keep giving pensions to our goverement workers that are at levels of 80% of there salary without them contributing to it. If we have to cut back so be it...it will not be the end of the world...in fact it could be refreshing to see on how well we can manage it without increasing our taxes. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from baggelio. Show baggelio's posts

Congratulations Arlington residents, one for not turning up to vote and two for voting to kick out the seniors!  You new comers into Arlington, you yuppies that fall for the same thing over and over and over again! Schools! really? Mr. Sullivan, do you have anything else to threaten us with?  How about you and your staff take a cut in pay, I have for several years!  It wasn't enough to double and triple the water rates, and according to the newspaper article that was due to low consumption!  I always thought that low consumption meant lower bills!  My my my how things have changed, how everyone has jumped on the bandwagon of the "economy" and all of a sudden no money!  Please come up with something better, that's an old story and way overused!  How about you give the taxpayer, you remember us don't you, the ones that pays your salary and everyone in goverment, how about you give us a break and give something back to us!  How about you let us breath, just until you figure out a way to tax us on breathing, I'm sure that's coming down the line somewhere! Oh and as for you new parents, if you were so frightened that your child would not have a proper education, enroll them in private schools! Ever think of that? Or better yet volunteer in the schools as aids! And by the way, why don't you pay for your child that has a "learning disability" (ADD), you pay to put them on ritalin why not pay for their education! Question to the school board, how many children in our schools have an IEP? and how many really need them?  Before you new parents blow your top I did have a child on a IEP, did he need it, not really, so  after one year I did away with it, so much easier for teachers to put them on and IEP and have you the parents fall for the ritalin! Oh and yes my son was given the prescription but I chose not to drug him up for the convenience of others, instead I spent lots and lots of time with my child to teach him tricks to retain! I did not go marching into class demanding that my childs grade be changed or that he take the test over because well he didn't have a good breakfast, or had nightmares, or was not having a good day!  Before I forget my son is in his senior year of college and am very proud to say on the honor role and all that without drugs! just plain old fashion schooling! imagine that! So when are you "yuppies" moving out of Arlington? when your child graduates from high school? When the seniors are dead and then it's your turn?  You fight the wrong fights, you fight for today and not the future, and believing that this vote will change your childs future well you need to wake up and see way down the road what really awaits your child. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joetod. Show joetod's posts

VERIDES. How about starting a movement to mirror other states on exemptions for Seniors. Like "TEXAS". This is how it works! State law requires appraisal on all taxable property at it's fair market value. For example! If a land was a appraised at $25,000 and the structure at $59,000 for a total of Market Value of $84,010. And the previous year's value was $93,310 for land and structure. State law also requires that the real property Notices of Appraised Value state the differences, expressed as a percent of change, of the appraised value for the current years as compared to the fifth previous year. So...say a value was $94,080. The current year value reflects a decrease of 10.70% over a 5-year period.

The Texas Constitution provides the homestead property may not be increased in value more than 10% per year, excluding and new improvements made. The provision takes effect the first year following the year the owner qualified for a homestead. Because of this constitutional limitation. If your property qualified for a homestead, it will be capped at the appropriate limit.

So, say your community fifth year value was...$94,080 and the previous years value was $93,310 the delta is $770.00 * 10.70 this percent refects a 10.70% decrease over a 5-year period the estimated tax levey on this indvidual would be $823.90 rounded to a total of $824.00 for this fiscal years tax rate on this senior.

Hey MOONBATS! Can you follow this logic. This represents a combined homstead and Sr. Citizen Exemption. Do you ever think that Communities in Massachusetts could even come near this type of logic for there Senior...not as long as we have MOONBATS running it. If you need more information...give me a call or look it up for your self. Regards your AVERAGEJOE!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joetod. Show joetod's posts

In Response to Re: Arlington, MA Override? Yes or No and why:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations Arlington residents, one for not turning up to vote and two for voting to kick out the seniors!  You new comers into Arlington, you yuppies that fall for the same thing over and over and over again! Schools! really? Mr. Sullivan, do you have anything else to threaten us with?  How about you and your staff take a cut in pay, I have for several years!  It wasn't enough to double and triple the water rates, and according to the newspaper article that was due to low consumption!  I always thought that low consumption meant lower bills!  My my my how things have changed, how everyone has jumped on the bandwagon of the "economy" and all of a sudden no money!  Please come up with something better, that's an old story and way overused!  How about you give the taxpayer, you remember us don't you, the ones that pays your salary and everyone in goverment, how about you give us a break and give something back to us!  How about you let us breath, just until you figure out a way to tax us on breathing, I'm sure that's coming down the line somewhere! Oh and as for you new parents, if you were so frightened that your child would not have a proper education, enroll them in private schools! Ever think of that? Or better yet volunteer in the schools as aids! And by the way, why don't you pay for your child that has a "learning disability" (ADD), you pay to put them on ritalin why not pay for their education! Question to the school board, how many children in our schools have an IEP? and how many really need them?  Before you new parents blow your top I did have a child on a IEP, did he need it, not really, so  after one year I did away with it, so much easier for teachers to put them on and IEP and have you the parents fall for the ritalin! Oh and yes my son was given the prescription but I chose not to drug him up for the convenience of others, instead I spent lots and lots of time with my child to teach him tricks to retain! I did not go marching into class demanding that my childs grade be changed or that he take the test over because well he didn't have a good breakfast, or had nightmares, or was not having a good day!  Before I forget my son is in his senior year of college and am very proud to say on the honor role and all that without drugs! just plain old fashion schooling! imagine that! So when are you "yuppies" moving out of Arlington? when your child graduates from high school? When the seniors are dead and then it's your turn?  You fight the wrong fights, you fight for today and not the future, and believing that this vote will change your childs future well you need to wake up and see way down the road what really awaits your child. 
    Posted by baggelio[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joetod. Show joetod's posts

It's no use...they will neve get it. God forbid they aske our town mangers and selectmen/woman to lead. If the town manager or the school super worked in the private sector...they would be unemployed.  Wait in a few years they will come back to us and say that we need another over-ride...you can bet on it. Why...because they don't know how to manage and the Unions will suck us dry.  

PS: My father started the union in Arlington as he was fighting for the little guy...my Father has rolled over in his grave a couple of times, I am sure.