Beer & Pool

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

Beer & Pool

I'm wondering if anyone knows a decent place, or places, in Cambridge with (1) reasonably good beer, and (2) reasonably good pool tables.

I know of Beantown Pub in Boston, near Park Street.   And there's a bowling alley with a few tables over in Alewife.  Also, I know a dive bar with tables about 1.5 miles east of Porter Sq.

Hoping for something more local though - something I can walk to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3925692. Show user_3925692's posts

Re: Beer & Pool

The Field on Prospect Street in Central Square has 2 tables and if you go during non-peak times it isn't usually too long a wait. The beer selection is fairly standard Irish Pub choices - but perfectly satisfactory as long as you're not looking for an actual "beer bar."

Plus they just added an outdoor patio in the back which has been great this summer.

In Response to Beer & Pool:
    [QUOTE]I'm wondering if anyone knows a decent place, or places, in Cambridge with (1) reasonably good beer, and (2) reasonably good pool tables. I know of Beantown Pub in Boston, near Park Street.   And there's a bowling alley with a few tables over in Alewife.  Also, I know a dive bar with tables about 1.5 miles east of Porter Sq. Hoping for something more local though - something I can walk to.
    Posted by WhatIsItNow[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from atlbrvz. Show atlbrvz's posts

Re: Beer & Pool

I agree the the lack of pool tables is one of the drawbacks in Cambridge. Flattop Johnny's at One Kendall Square is a pool hall with many tables. They have novel red felt to boot. I'm not sure what you're looking for in the way of beer selection, but I think their offerings are always good.