Fallon and Charter Schools

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Fallon and Charter Schools

Just finished watching the debate for Malden Mayor.  For any Charter School Parent out there from Malden whether at Mystic Valley or any other. Please watch the debate held against Mr Christenson. Councillor Fallon stated point blank tonight she would encourage the State delegation to change the funding formula and too take back any surplus a charter school had at year end.  She might as well have said she would vote to close charter schools with that statement.  It started with our kids not being able to play on Malden fields but now the real agenda is very clear. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Re: Fallon and Charter Schools

Aren't you putting words in her mouth?  I think she said they should follow regulations that pertain to district schools.  If you don't use the money it should go back.

Twisting the truth perhaps?  Trying to drum up some votes for gc?

Fallon outperformed gc tonight. 

Fallon is the next leader of Malden.  She proved that tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Why don't the Charter Schools have to follow the same rules? It is amazing to me a publicly funded entity like a charter school can buy up so much real estate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Maybe if they had to give back the surplus they would spend that money on the students instead of apartment buildings and houses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

Spend it or lose it!!! That seems to be working out fantastic for Malden Public!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Let's not forget that the Charter School also drums out all the students in need of SPED services and/or who have behavior issues.

They send these students back to the district schools so they can pay for the SPED and behavior services.

It would be nice to see a pie chart on how many of the kids who leave the charter school are in need of SPED services. 

MVCParent, care to meet that challenge?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Mystic Valley Charter School 4% leave per year.  Malden Public 20%.   Who drums kids out?   Malden got what 80 million from the state to renovate just its High School?  Mystic Valley got zero to build its facility.  Bottom line Fallon showed she is an enemy to all Charter Schools in that debate.   Change the formula and take away any surplus.  No ability to save surplus means no rainy day fund, no ability to purchase property to build schools,  no bank funding.. no charter schools.  The True Colors showed up tonight.  Fallon means no choice in education unless you have money for private school.  Yea she is an advocate of the people... NOT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Malden has a 20-20% transient community.  You are comparing apples and oranges.

What do you say about creating a pie chart for those 4%?  How many of them are in need of services or have discipline issues that the MVRCS, a PUBLIC SCHOOL, doesn't want to deal with?

If you are a PUBLIC SCHOOL and take public funds you should be EDUCATING ALL students and not building $10 million dollar sports facilities. 

FALLON WAS ON THE MARK.  FALLON IS THE CLEAR LEADER.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Hey MVparent is her disdain for the Charter School a surprise?  I mean it has been so evident since the time she got on the City Council.  Remember Roosevelt Park?  By the way did anyone see the Council meeting the other night.  One of Fallon's crazy people went ballistic at the end of the meeting when Roosevelt Park was mentioned.  It was quite a show I've never seen anything like it.  Guess this is what we have to look forward to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

THE RED SOX HATE CHARTER SCHOOLS!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

To All; I think Charter Schools are an asset to a community and its bring the increases educational standards for the students
    and it makes the city a better place to bring up children. My problem with This Charter School is who is running it and how the Students are selected. I feel the Process is Bias when selection is done, the teachers have standards and have to be 
    tested on a regular basis again it comes down to the Running
    of it's programs and who decides what subjects should be taught at the school. Most times the City's Schools have a tenure and senority problem with teachers I hope that somewhere and in time teachers have to have a standard for
    the subjects being taught by them maybe being tested on a
    regular basis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Hope people didn't miss this.  Fallon wants formula changed for Charters and any money left over at the end of each year taken back.  This means no saving for rainy day,  means lay-offs when times get tough like in the regular public schools, it means no money for capital projects, it means no bank funding as there is no way to show you can pay them back.  Bottom line it means a slow death for the best Charters and no life for new ones.  The people's advocate is all for school choice obviously as long as its one choice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from myrtleturtle. Show myrtleturtle's posts

MVCParent said:  This means no saving for rainy day.

"Rainy Day " money.  A rainy day real estate portfolio worth multi millions of dollars...and a rainy day multi million dollar athletic facility.

I thought this was about education NOT real estate and athletic facilities.

Of course, one can save for a rainy day when you have no homeless student transportations, no ELL students, and limited SPED costs.

Level the playing field councillor. No guts. Discard the kids that don't bring up your scores.  You are a class act.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Ah Myrtle try again although some of us aren't as smart as you and your friends there are many of us who know how it works.  What is that real estate portfolio that Malden got with the 77 million HS and those 200 million dollars of Kindergarten through eight schools.  Yes lets level the playing field.  No Charter Cap and same capital funding how about that one.  The only thing that does not level the playing field is the cap which artificially protects poor performance.    Ah but that debate is already won.  If there were no cap things would be way different and that is why you hate Charter Schools as you know how many people are applying to get out of your school.  Funny thing is competition works and only people like Fallon don't want that because it illiminates there ability to centralize power. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Myrtle,  how about we make a bet.  Your school hold sign-ups and Mystic Valley holds sign-ups and we tell people the cap on Mystic Valley is lifted and both schools will accept as many as show up from each others school.  Whoever ends up with the most sign-ups gets the Salemwood Building and whoever gets less gets Mystic Valleys?  How about it would you go for that?  Dont bother answering because you know you would lose your building and probably have 200 kids instead of 1200 to educate.  Now please tell me in America why every parent shouldn't be allowed to choose and why you shouldn't have to compete for us the customers?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Here is an even better idea.  How about we mail each parent a voucher in the mail for each kid they have and then they go whereever they want.   Who do you think would get more vouchers MV or your school?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

MVCrazySchizoparent: How about this: for every kid that leaves the school and goes back to public school you don't get a dime for the replacement kid? Maybe you would try harder to keep the students you get and deal with the emotional, educational and physical problems of the students accepted by lottery to your school? How many charter school students are homeless? Physically challenged? None of your schools are handicapped accessible. You know you're dealing with apples and oranges here. The charter school is elitist and you and I both know that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Yep there you Go again crazy Annie NO.  My kid got in on the lottery like everyone else including your kids. Thats elitist?  Who makes the cap?  Not Charter Schools. Why is there a cap? It must be to protect someone wouldn't you say.  Ah and the lies never stop either.  Saint Josephs where my little one is has an elevator.  The High School has a Chair lift and the Maplewood has ramps.  Yes and there are handicap bathrooms etc.  Again the only thing keeping people out is the artificially imposed cap and the fact that so few people leave.  So every kid who leaves a school the replacement should not be funded.  You show yourself once again to be foolish and will stoop to know lie to big or small.  Of course this is why you are an ardent FALLON supporter as the apple clearly doesn't fall far from the tree.  If your great leader were the "Peoples Advocate" as she claims she would be calling for more charter schools and no cap allowing parents to make the decisions for their children.  But alas  she and Myrtle know whats best for everyone else.  Lets let them vote on it.  If you sign up for the lottery then and want to go their Mystic Valley I am quite sure would take every child if they were only allowed to but as you know that is exactly what your friends feer and will fight with every bone in their body to prevent. You are such a hyprocrite getting yours with your kids the Valedictorian no less and the two others but now just want to tear the place down.  Its simply unbelievable.  Annie NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo except when its good for hers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NavalAcademyGuy. Show NavalAcademyGuy's posts

MVCS parent again you impress me with your lack of knowledge. Opening up the charter school to everyone is a great idea, I think you should go tell king kinnon about that, and after he kills you let me know what he said. Mvcs enjoys not having ESL students or special needs students or homeless students that need busing. I know you are going to say mvcs does have them but not to the ratio that the public school has.Your comment about the turn around percentages of the schools only proves to me that you are just a keyboard tough guy and have no knowledge into these matters. Malden public schools has a high transient population something that mvcs does not have to deal with. And before I leave I am absolutely sure that if anyone in the front office of mvcs knew of your ramblings about the their school they would tell you to shut up. You are not doing the charter school any good, in fact you are hurting it. THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Ah Navy good to have you back. But as you know since you are a smart guy navalacademy and all the state imposes the cap and we know you and your friends are petrified of it going away as then you would have to really change and be faced with changing or having half empty buildings.  Doubt it?  Show up for the lottery this year at MV and see if you can get in with the line out the door.  Old Public Schools are like the old Iron Curtain (you can appreciate that Navy that is if you really were)  people speak with their feet.  Ever here that.  the only difference is the state wall called a cap.  Its breaking down but the soldiers are on the wall shooting the trapped.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

MVC aka Last Maldenite

You are LOSING it there pal! WOW

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Hey MVP/Last Maldenite

Oh no, I think you may have let your "ultimate" secret out.  You were really hoping to get the Roosevelt Field and the Salemwood School as the Kinnon Compound.  Don't think we didn't know that was your ultimate goal. It's too bad it didn't all come to fruition for you.

So how many SPED kids have been returned to the district schools from MVRCS?
    How many ESL students do you have?
    How many homelesss kids do you educate?
    How many teachers leave your school each year?
    Is education your goal or is it a real estate portfolio and athletics?
    I'm confused.  It seems strange to have a school be so focused on spending their funding which is intended to educate students on every thing but the best school buildings, technology, and science labs.
    Care to explain this councillor?
    Care to EVER address any of these questions?
     You are a great avoider of the real issues so I'm doubting we will ever get a real rebuttal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NavalAcademyGuy. Show NavalAcademyGuy's posts

mvcs parent
     I can see you just sit there and type away at the computer with out putting any thought into what you are going to say. That in its self is scary. I also see you dont read any of the responses, you just shoot your mouth off (key board tough guy). I welcome the charter school to take the kids that the public schools have, it will never happen. That will make the playing field equal and give away the charter schools elite status. Am I going slow enough for you to understand??? Please read before your mouth/fingers engage. I take great exception to you saying I wasnt in the Military. I sent many years away from my family in defense of this country, to give you the right so you can shoot your mouth off. Ive lost friends in action to give you this right. Like your rights thank a veteran.From the way you speak I can tell you where never in the service and if you were you got kicked out. In the last part of your response you talk about the wall coming down and the soldiers shooting the trapped.  I hope to God you arent referring to the school and the students. You are beginning to scare me. Do the police need to keep an eye on you??? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

For all the fools shooting your mouths off about the charter school please do us all a favor...STF.U!!!! 

Annie- You are possibly the single biggest hypocrite I've come across in my entire life... And a liar to boot!!!!

For the rest of you- I hate to break the news to you but the charter school is the only thing this pathetic city has going for it into the foreseeable future. Deb Fallon is NEVER going to become mayor of this city and even if she did nothing will change with the school... period.... end of story!

Those are the facts so please try to deal with them and stop the incessant whining!!! It's getting old.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

andrew25:

What you describe as "whining" about the Charter school is still an exercise of the First Amendment, which we should all be proud and glad that we have in this great country.

If you don't like what others have to say about MVCRS, you are free to tune out the conversation on these boards, but don't assume you can impose your will and opinion on others just by yelling and shouting "louder" than others.