Who won

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Who won

Did'nt get to see the debate last night what were the questions and was there a solid winner?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Re: Who won

Gary Christenson was the winner!  No room to dispute, he was on top of his game!  He had all the facts, he had the answers, he had to correct her many times.  He questioned her facts, and had the facts and meeting minutes to back him up.  He called her on her misrepresentation of information, and the best part was his insistence on bringing Malden forward in a POSITIVE way!  No gloom and doom. 

She consistently went over her time, did not answer many of the questions, stumbled on facts and showed she did not have a command of the issues.  She was almost in a "ground hog day" mode by constantly going back to her only experience running a small nonprofit Portal to Hope.  While it's a noble job, it does not give her the experience necessary to run a budget as large as the City of Malden. She also lacks education experience.
    It was quiet clear she is not ready for the position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Sorry, but there were too many questions to post.  It will be on MATV- please watch and judge for yourself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 200unPleasantSt. Show 200unPleasantSt's posts

Ms. Fallon won hands down.  Mr. Christenson looked very nervous while Ms Fallon looked confident, calm, cool, and collected.  Mr. Christenson attempted many times to attack Ms. Fallon but she, like an adult, took the high road.  Mr. Christenson came off like a crybaby.  In my opinion it was great to see Ms. Fallon come out from behind her podium and seemingly speak to the people.  Mr. Christenson looked like he was cowardly hiding behind his podium.  It was funny to see that Mr. Christenson didn't seem to be stopped by the moderator even though he seemed to clearly go past the time limit.  Also, at least two different times the moderator "neglected" to give Ms. Fallon the sign that her time was almost up and then cut her right off.  Funny how things like that work around Malden.  When the candidates were given their time at the end of the debate to speak Mr. Christenson remained hiding behind his podium and was clearly reading his little speech from papers he had on his safeguard wall podium, while Ms. Fallon again came out from behind the podium, took center stage, and without having to read her speech from her notes, like Mr. Christenson did, she spoke fluently, didn't stumble, got her message across, and made her point.  Deb Fallon was the clear winner here.  I can't trust the guy that remains behind his podium like he has something to hide, does a horrible job reading from notes when given a chance to speak, and attempts to belittle and his opponent (in true Malden Good ol Boy fashion) like the brave Mr. Christenson did last night.  I don't even want to suggest that Mr Christenson could have known some of the questions that were going to be asked by the Mayor Howard run media outlets that provided the folks asking the questions.  This debate somewhat reminded me of the 1960 Kennedy/Nixon presidential debate.  Christenson as Nixon and Fallon as Kennedy.  Malden's Camelot!!  VOTE FALLON!!!!!!       
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaqgQcvLO_o&feature=related

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Thanks all fro your posts, I went to  Directv and lost all local access.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: Who won:
    [QUOTE]Ms. Fallon won hands down.  Mr. Christenson looked very nervous while Ms Fallon looked confident, calm, cool, and collected.  Mr. Christenson attempted many times to attack Ms. Fallon but she, like an adult, took the high road.  Mr. Christenson came off like a crybaby.  In my opinion it was great to see Ms. Fallon come out from behind her podium and seemingly speak to the people.  Mr. Christenson looked like he was cowardly hiding behind his podium.  It was funny to see that Mr. Christenson didn't seem to be stopped by the moderator even though he seemed to clearly go past the time limit.  Also, at least two different times the moderator "neglected" to give Ms. Fallon the sign that her time was almost up and then cut her right off.  Funny how things like that work around Malden.  When the candidates were given their time at the end of the debate to speak Mr. Christenson remained hiding behind his podium and was clearly reading his little speech from papers he had on his safeguard wall podium, while Ms. Fallon again came out from behind the podium, took center stage, and without having to read her speech from her notes, like Mr. Christenson did, she spoke fluently, didn't stumble, got her message across, and made her point.  Deb Fallon was the clear winner here.  I can't trust the guy that remains behind his podium like he has something to hide, does a horrible job reading from notes when given a chance to speak, and attempts to belittle and his opponent (in true Malden Good ol Boy fashion) like the brave Mr. Christenson did last night.  I don't even want to suggest that Mr Christenson could have known some of the questions that were going to be asked by the Mayor Howard run media outlets that provided the folks asking the questions.  This debate somewhat reminded me of the 1960 Kennedy/Nixon presidential debate.  Christenson as Nixon and Fallon as Kennedy.  Malden's Camelot!!  VOTE FALLON!!!!!!        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaqgQcvLO_o&feature=related
    Posted by 200unPleasantSt[/QUOTE]
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!  This was actually funnier than I expected!   I did expect some comments, because being her supporter you will have to come up with some spin, but this is hysterical.
    Thank you for that. Make sure to look at the strange faces Fallon was making as she was trying to come up with something to say other than "portal to hope....blah blah....Portal to Hope.....15 years experience (I believe it was said 8 times at least).  Trick of the trade- when you don't have substance keep repeating anything you know!  Not very Mayoral, not at all. 
    Everyone questions those years of experience anyway.  Mr. Christenson looked MAYORAL behind the podium.  This wasn't a town hall meeting.  Christenson was on the money with the questions- this is what matters.  Closing statements are just fluff and Fallon definitely wins on fluff.  I won't dispute that she is a trained Politician and can spin with the best of them, Gary is the real deal and we need real answers, not fluff and political savvy.
    NO MORE political family history.  It's time for CHANGE- Gary Christenson is that change!
    Thanks again for the chuckle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]Ms. Fallon won hands down.  Mr. Christenson looked very nervous while Ms Fallon looked confident, calm, cool, and collected.  Mr. Christenson attempted many times to attack Ms. Fallon but she, like an adult, took the high road.  Mr. Christenson came off like a crybaby.  In my opinion it was great to see Ms. Fallon come out from behind her podium and seemingly speak to the people.  Mr. Christenson looked like he was cowardly hiding behind his podium.  It was funny to see that Mr. Christenson didn't seem to be stopped by the moderator even though he seemed to clearly go past the time limit.  Also, at least two different times the moderator "neglected" to give Ms. Fallon the sign that her time was almost up and then cut her right off.  Funny how things like that work around Malden.  When the candidates were given their time at the end of the debate to speak Mr. Christenson remained hiding behind his podium and was clearly reading his little speech from papers he had on his safeguard wall podium, while Ms. Fallon again came out from behind the podium, took center stage, and without having to read her speech from her notes, like Mr. Christenson did, she spoke fluently, didn't stumble, got her message across, and made her point.  Deb Fallon was the clear winner here.  I can't trust the guy that remains behind his podium like he has something to hide, does a horrible job reading from notes when given a chance to speak, and attempts to belittle and his opponent (in true Malden Good ol Boy fashion) like the brave Mr. Christenson did last night.  I don't even want to suggest that Mr Christenson could have known some of the questions that were going to be asked by the Mayor Howard run media outlets that provided the folks asking the questions.  This debate somewhat reminded me of the 1960 Kennedy/Nixon presidential debate.  Christenson as Nixon and Fallon as Kennedy.  Malden's Camelot!!  VOTE FALLON!!!!!!        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaqgQcvLO_o&feature=related
    Posted by 200unPleasantSt[/QUOTE]
    What about the actual questions? Do they count?  Being a trained politician means nothing to me, it's the questions. I am glad Gary isn't a slick politician it's what makes him so sincere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Educated the people who watch and listen will indeed see that Councilor Christenson is very knowledgeable and that Councilor Fallon did her best to ignore questions and always fell back to well I run "Portal to Hope" and the city has been dismantling public safety.  Pandering is all she does and it is quite scary her lack of being able to answer some of the questions.  I loved the fact that she voted for the meals tax and then voted against it and then voted for those projects.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

EducateMaldonian---Both sides stunk--not one clear answer I give

a few points to Ms fallon for walking away from the Podium, Gary looked stiff and did not make any specific recommendations. Both

lies on the Safer Grant and public Safety. Than someone from Mass

senior action asked a question about 911 and both candidates could

not answer in a definite way. State Protocol for 911 is that the  Police, fire departments send equipment plus the rescue/ambulance

to the scene because every 911 call has different circumstances to

it. Than both candidates could not give a defined answer to PAYT on

how to end it and where do we go from there.

The citizens should understand that the Mayor has still get all his

ideas to approve by the city council before being enacted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Drive, you kill me.
    You use the word "than alot". Do you know the difference between than and then. I noticed that Pats does the same. I think pats is just breaking them on you.
    Anyway thanks for your honesty. "Both sides stunk" LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from localguy. Show localguy's posts

The answer is: Not us.

I listened to maybe 10 minutes, which was more than I could really stomach. If Councillor Fallon said one single thing of substance, perhaps I don't understand "substance," because repeating the same slogans within the same answer doesn't seem like substance to me. If Councillor Christiansen wanted to come off as the experienced professional, perhaps using his time to rag on his opponent for being a lightweight isn't making his case as strongly as he hoped.

I will say that, upon hearing Councillor Fallon assert that governing is not about compromise, I thought: Yep, she DESERVES to sit in the mayor's office for four years, and have the entire City Council, not to mention surrounding cities, tell her to stuff it up her principles because they don't believe in compromise either. That would at least be justice.

I'm writing in Elisha Converse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I think GC had more people in the crowd. The Fallon RV should have got a ticket. That was not a parking spot. i did not make the whole thing, I am a bouncer at the Dollar Store. But when will it be on MATV? I got in around the end and Whitey told me it was over. So I was like " Than what do I do?" So I went to district 7 and hung out with the FFs. They have a ton of drinking money. Should save it up. Cut coupons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongTallSally. Show LongTallSally's posts

The proof is in the pudding!  Ha! Ha! Ha!  Who was bashing who last night?  Let's play nicely.  Who had such a stern look when not responding to the questions?   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

[QUOTE]I think GC had more people in the crowd. The Fallon RV should have got a ticket. That was not a parking spot. i did not make the whole thing, I am a bouncer at the Dollar Store. But when will it be on MATV? I got in around the end and Whitey told me it was over. So I was like " Than what do I do?" So I went to district 7 and hung out with the FFs. They have a ton of drinking money. Should save it up. Cut coupons.
    Posted by Pats2012Champs[/QUOTE]
    LOL, "Than what do i do". Pats, maybe annie is right. You are the driver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

You really need to watch the debate again, LTS. Fallon threw the first jab....now, you apparently would have liked Gary to just take it quietly, but it wouldn't be fair to do that during a debate, would it? You know that saying about "people in glass houses...."? Deb should have considered that before her first "bash", as you call it. Gary responded with hard facts......she missed multiple scheduled meetings of committees she was on, she votes one way in executive and another on the floor, she has proven to not be able to compromise or work collaboratively, and she has effected no change from her council seat. On top of that, she approaches the press with negativity before approaching her colleagues. Do I want an absent, sneaky, uncompromising councilor to be my next mayor? No, thanks.

And, did you complain about a "stern look"? That was Gary taking the comments of his colleague seriously. It's called respect. Let's look at Fallon's expression, which was a popular topic of conversation among many! She carried a SMUG expression whenever her colleague spoke. (does she really think that's appealing???) It was insulting and condescending, not just to her colleague/opponent, but to the people in the seats before her. Moving out from her assigned place during the debate was a theatrical move. Someone posted that she "had the stage"....well, this was not a theater event to see who was the best actor/actress. Fallon is the better actor, for sure! But, this was not a theatrical event...it was a mayoral debate, and a clear Christenson win!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Not only was moving to center stage a theatrical move...it was incredibly rude behavior. She was physically blocking out her opponent, and that was a clear act of disrespect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

You can watch the rerun at 9 or 11pm on Sat. nite (10-15). Looking forward to watching it as I am curious how it plays out on tape. Maybe then I will comment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

annieomalden and the rest of the people that post on here, this is
    driver54 son.My mom and iI had to take him to the hospital this morning @ 5AM he collapsed for the 4th  time in two weeks and he will be in the hospital till at least Monday the earliest, he wanted to come home today. His Doctor wants to do some test to see what is causing him to collapse without warning. This morning he was on his
    way to the bathroom and collapsed in the hallway. Mom wanted to call an ambulance but he made me drive him, after telling us he was okay and he be alright. I love my dad and right now I am scared for
    his health, something is wrong and it is scary as hell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

Driver54's son,  why do you feel the need to tell us about this? Shouldn't you be in the hopital with your "father" instead of posting on here? LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

[QUOTE]Driver54's son,  why do you feel the need to tell us about this? Shouldn't you be in the hopital with your "father" instead of posting on here? LOL
    Posted by voteforme[/QUOTE]
    Vote, lol, I know you think this is the driver posting. (it could be)
    If it is true, I hope the driver has a quick recovery. We need him her with us.
    get well driver.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]The proof is in the pudding!  Ha! Ha! Ha!  Who was bashing who last night?  Let's play nicely.  Who had such a stern look when not responding to the questions?   
    Posted by LongTallSally[/QUOTE]
    The proof is in the pudding! Thank goodness people got to finally hear all the work she DOESN'T DO!
    First you say he isn't tough enough, now he is too tough...which is?  I know which I want- the man who knows his facts and finally started calling her on what she DOESN'T do and what she DOESN'T know!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]You can watch the rerun at 9 or 11pm on Sat. nite (10-15). Looking forward to watching it as I am curious how it plays out on tape. Maybe then I will comment.
    Posted by AnnieOMalden[/QUOTE]
    Make sure to watch how she "Blocked him" with her body when she purposely walked out from the podium in front of the camera.  Thank goodness Gary had the respect to stand respectfully at the podium only interested in the questions and not the theatrics.  You can't run a city on drama.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

[QUOTE]annieomalden and the rest of the people that post on here, this is driver54 son.My mom and iI had to take him to the hospital this morning @ 5AM he collapsed for the 4th  time in two weeks and he will be in the hospital till at least Monday the earliest, he wanted to come home today. His Doctor wants to do some test to see what is causing him to collapse without warning. This morning he was on his way to the bathroom and collapsed in the hallway. Mom wanted to call an ambulance but he made me drive him, after telling us he was okay and he be alright. I love my dad and right now I am scared for his health, something is wrong and it is scary as hell.
    Posted by Driver54[/QUOTE]

Driver54 son:

You and your mother should advise your dad not to get involved in local politics, for his own sake, as his health cannot get handle the pressures and stress.

And another thing: tell your dad to stay off the boards here, as most of the posters do not trust him and dislike his attitude and the stuff he writes on these forums. Your dad gets into heated arguments with posters he disagrees with, and other posters cuss him out, if he harasses them, contributing to the rise of tensions, which I'm sure does not help his health.

If you have one ounce of concern for your dad, you will do what I suggest above.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

anotherman    just left hospital to get him his shaver and clean underwear & pj's,seems he be there till late tomorrow he has a Nuclear EKG and MRI schedule . After both test he feels he could come home until the test results are reviewed. His doctor suppose to meet with us at 2PM so I be signing off, can someone tell me in layman language what is a nuclear EKG never heard of it in my short life.
    Thank you all for caring, and for my dad he is very stubborn and knows what he wants and does what he wants even when we disagree with him in the harshist of terms.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

anotherman    just left hospital to get him his shaver and clean underwear & pj's,seems he be there till late tomorrow he has a Nuclear EKG and MRI schedule . After both test he feels he could come home until the test results are reviewed. His doctor suppose to meet with us at 2PM so I be signing off, can someone tell me in layman language what is a nuclear EKG never heard of it in my short life.
    Thank you all for caring, and for my dad he is very stubborn and knows what he wants and does what he wants even when we disagree with him in the harshist of terms.