Must-see in Marblehead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCJoeAllenBlack. Show BDCJoeAllenBlack's posts

Must-see in Marblehead

Take a look at our gallery of 'Must-see places in Marblehead.' What are we missing? What can we add?

What are the must-dos for Marblehead -- from bars to restaurants to galleries to theaters to whatever is awesome?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EL17. Show EL17's posts

Re: Must-see in Marblehead

Devereux Beach is misspelled as Deveraux in the accompanying photos. I'd suggest seeing Abbott Hall and the original Spirit of '76 painting. Another great spot is the oceanside Castle Rock (down Castle Rock Lane) behind the Lydia Pinkham house a.k.a. Carcassone Castle on Ocean Avenue.

There are a lot of great restaurants in town. Pellino's (261 Washington St) has a renowned reputation for Italian dining. Caffe Italia (10 School St) has a good reputation also. The Landing Restaurant (81 State St) is right on the harbor. Nearby is Maddie's Sail Loft (15 State St) for drinks and food. Parking is very tough to find in the State Street area though. The Three Cod Tavern (141 Pleasant St) also is gaining a good rep from what I've heard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thebeachlady. Show thebeachlady's posts

Caffe Italia in Marblehead is one of my favorite restaurants. I eat there at least once a month.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The last time I was in Marblehead the Barnacle was still there...I must try it...it's the one thing I never got to this summer...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I love the Barnacle,   have to check on their winter hours and get over there soon!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hi Robin...I went to the Barnacle in October ( first time). It was a bit more run down than I imagined..but the food, service and view were spectacular. I highly recommend the lobster bisque.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

The Barnacle is nice but casual,  The Landing also on Front St is a bit more sophisticated.    I used to like Jacob Marley's  but they're long gone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Doglady..I will have to try the Landing..we went by there...I have to say..I did love the view from the Barnacle..but I imagine it's much the same from The Landing. If I could figure out how to get pictures from my phone to my computer..I would post a picture of the view.