First Football game of season scheduled for the start of Jewish Holy Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmgman. Show wmgman's posts

First Football game of season scheduled for the start of Jewish Holy Day

Just like WBZ that scheduled its governers debate for the jewish  high holidays, the Melrose High School Football team has its first game on the start of Yom Kippur the Holiest day on the Jewish year. I know that the Jewish community has in the past reached out to  Melrose school officials to explain the significance of this issuel, but clearly someone isn't getting it. All Jewish Holidays begin at sundown and run sundown to sundown. So, when the English calendar says Saturday the 18th is Yom Kippur the holiday actually starts on Friday evening at sundown and runs until Saturday evening at sundown.

I know that the number of Jewish kids in the Melrose school system is small but this is just a slap in the face to the Jewish community in Melrose. If it was Good Friday would a game be scheduled, no the schools are closed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: First Football game of season scheduled for the start of Jewish Holy Day

I would call the ADL. Seriously.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem5. Show jem5's posts

Really?  So the school and the government should re-arrange their schedules to rely on Jewish holidays?  Aren't you just starting something here?  You can't miss one game for your religion? or watch the debate because you're celebrating your holiday?  Hmm seems to me that Catholics sometimes miss early games on Sundays or Saturday afternoons because they are at mass.   I don't get this blog....sorry..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

jem,

Try scheduling a game on Christmas or Easter. Now that's a t*t for tat I'd like to see.

Why do you hate Jews, jem?