What would you like to see done with Governor Stoughton's property in Milton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKmin. Show BDCKmin's posts

What would you like to see done with Governor Stoughton's property in Milton?

The Board of Selectmen will be taking a public vote June 27 regarding proposals received for the future use of the 40-acre property. In his will, Colonial-era Massachusetts governor William Stoughton stated the property should benefit the poor of Milton. Read more on the story.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toothfairy5. Show toothfairy5's posts

Re: What would you like to see done with Governor Stoughton's property in Milton?

I think it would be nice to build a big sports complex that residents of milton could enjoy. The residents that could not otherwise afford athletics should be covered free of charge while others would pay a reduced cost (which would generate enough $ for the complexes upkeep). This would allow of rental of space for meetings, events, foodbanks really anything milton residents wanted to host.

I know Milton has a reputation of being a yuppy town. I am a young working professional and i can't afford to live there...but then again i don't think that it is my "right" to either. People who make great salaries and want to pay a big price to live in a house with a big yard and other successful neighbors should have the right to. I strive to be able to some day...but again, i don't think affordable housing is a good idea for Milton. I would like the right to a Benz...can i have one of those too?