What do you love about Weston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCJoeAllenBlack. Show BDCJoeAllenBlack's posts

What do you love about Weston?

I'm new to the Boston area. In the few weeks I've been here, I've loved getting to see how each town and city offers its own mix of awesome restaurants and events. What are the must-dos for Weston -- from bars to restaurants to galleries to theaters to whatever is awesome? 

For a newcomer like me, what do I need to know about Weston?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Re: What do you love about Weston?

There is only one reason to go to Weston...Dairy Joy. 

Otherwise, they could bulldoze the entire thing to the town lines and no one would care.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCJoeAllenBlack. Show BDCJoeAllenBlack's posts

I've heard awesome things about Dairy Joy. I need to make it out there. @cosmogirl, What makes it so awesome?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lgmoney. Show lgmoney's posts

Hi Joe:

Weston has a lot of privacy to offer, which is why a lot of people come here.  I know I like to make into Wellesley to shop and dine, it is right next door and has a lot to offer.  I cannot remember the last time I have made it to Dairy Joy.  Princess Vespa from Space Balls made it in our local newspaper not long ago serving ice cream at Dairy Joy, for this quiet town, that was a huge event, but that is why we love this place, it is quiet.  Families seem to enjoy what the schools have to offer and the location of this community is key, just a hop skip and a jump into Boston for excellent shows and dining as well as surrounding towns like Newton, Waltham and Wellesley.  Thanks for adding Weston to this site, I will be excited to see other posts here in the future.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DDutsy. Show DDutsy's posts

Dairy Joy= Dairy Queen, nothing special, except Weston has no place to eat, unless you count the one pizza place and that is the oily & thick
    greek pizza--ugh! -----the other thing you should know as a newcomer,
    don't speed on Boston Post Road, Weston's finest will introduce themselves to you and since there is also no Dunkin Donuts, they are always just hanging around. One great thing about Weston? Traffic lights, there's hardly any of them. See you at the town dump, the place where Westonites socialize.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Joe, Weston is a residential town.  There are no theaters, restaurants or bars.  There are houses.  Its also dry, so if there were a bar it'd be a sushi bar.  But there isn't.