Brockton man arrested in Maine triple murder case
A Brockton man sought by police for his alleged participation in a triple murder two months ago in Bangor was arrested in New Bedford Tuesday night, Bangor police said.
Randall “Ricky” Daluz, 34, was indicted last week on three counts of knowing or intentional murder and one count of arson.
Another suspect in the case, Nicholas Sexton, 31, of Warwick, R.I., is being sought.
On Aug. 13, police responded to a report of a car fire at 22 Target Industrial Circle in Bangor. After the fire was extinguished, officials discovered three bodies in the burned-out car.
The victims were identified as Daniel Borders, 26, of Hermon, Maine; Nicolle Lugdon, 24, of Eddington, Maine; and Lucas Tuscano, 28, of Bradford, Maine.
All three victims had been fatally shot before they were set on fire, police said.
Bangor detectives traveled to New Bedford on Tuesday night, where Daluz was interviewed for several hours. Police said he was cooperative.
Daluz waived his right to fight extradition and will be returned to Penobscot County Jail in Bangor. It is expected that he will be arraigned on Thursday, Bangor police Sergeant Paul Edwards said.
Bangor’s mayor, Cary Weston, applauded the “focus, commitment, and professionalism” of the city’s police department in a statement on Wednesday.
“The swift action and follow through not only helps to bring closure to the families and friends of the victims but for the community as a whole,” Weston said.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Sexton is urged to call Bangor police at 207-947-7382.Sarah N. Mattero can be reached at email@example.com.
On the beat
Columnist Adrian Walker says UMass Dartmouth is shaken after revelations that one of the Marathon bomb suspects was a student there. Read more