Improper cigarette disposal leads to fire that destroys Tyngsborough home

Improper cigarette disposal caused a three-alarm fire that destroyed a Tyngsborough home early Friday, police said. Tyngsborough police and firefighters responded to a call for a fire at 10 Long Pond Road at 2:06 a.m., police said. The right side of the two-family structure was burning when police and firefighters arrived, and it took nearly two hours to bring the blaze under control. One of the three residents was treated by EMTs for shortness of breath and nausea, police said.

Share