Eddie Bowler , Hingham: In a perfect 3-0 week for the Harbormen, their senior captain put up three double-doubles, averaging 18.3 points and 11.7 rebounds. He saved his best for last, netting 21 points and collecting 15 rebounds in a win over Whitman-Hanson Tuesday to put the teams in deadlock atop the Patriot League Keenan Division standings.
Darien Fernandez , Wareham: The Vikings’ 5-foot-8 point guard netted 21 points in a 66-51 win over Fairhaven to become the program’s all-time leading scorer (1,225 points).
Bridget Herlihy , Braintree: The sophomore forward nearly collected a double-double (17 points, 9.5 rebounds) as the Wamps got back on track with a pair of wins (Wellesley, Natick) following their only two losses (Springfield, Ore. and Newton North) of the season the week prior.
Maya Umoren , North Quincy: The 5-foot-10 center continued her monster junior season, averaging 18.5 points and 19 rebounds in Patriot League road wins over Hingham and Pembroke. In the Red Raiders’ 47-29 win over Pembroke, Umoren (23 points, 23 rebounds) nearly outscored the hosts.
Maurice Young , Walpole: The Rebels climbed over .500 again with the junior playing a crucial role, averaging 15.5 points in Bay State Conference wins over Weymouth and Framingham. Young’s 17-point, 10-rebound performance vs. the Wildcats was his first double-double.
Healey’s Top 10 boys’ teams
(Records through Tuesday with next game listed)
1. Mansfield (14-1); at Milford, Tues., 6:30
2. Rockland (13-1); vs. Carver, Mon., 6:30
3. Brockton (8-4); at Newton North, Sun., 2
4. Wareham (12-1); at Old Rochester, Tues., 6:30
5. Cohasset (13-2); at Southeastern, Tues., 6:30
6. Whitman-Hanson (12-3); vs. Scituate, Tues., 6:30
7. Cardinal Spellman (11-3); at Arlington Catholic, Fri., 6:30
8. North Quincy (12-4); at Hanover, Mon., 6:30
9. Scituate (10-3); at Whiteman-Hanson, Tues., 6:30
10. Norton (11-3); at Millis, Tues., 6:30
Healey’s Top 10 girls’ teams
1. Oliver Ames (12-0); at Attleboro, Tues., 6:30
2. Braintree (13-2); vs. Framingham, Tues., 6:30
3. Archbishop Williams (11-5); vs. Arlington Catholic, Tues., 6:30
4. Fontbonne (13-1); at Brookline, Wed., 5
5. Abington (14-1); vs. Norwell, Tues., 6:30
6. Duxbury (11-1); at Hingham, Tues., 6:30
7. Hanover (10-3); at North Quincy, Tues., 6:30
8. Foxborough (9-3); at North Attleboro, Tues., 6:30
9. Scituate (10-2); vs. Whitman-Hanson, Tues., 6:30
10. Old Rochester (12-1); at Wareham, Tues., 6:30
Game of the Week
Scituate boys (10-3) at Whitman-Hanson (12-3), Tuesday, 6:30: This Fisher Division-Keenan Division crossover could go a long way to determining the top team to come out of the Patriot League (although North Quincy and Hingham are also in the mix). The host Panthers seem to have hit a wall, losing back-to-back games for the first time all season against Quincy (56-55) and Hingham (63-58), but junior Shane Devlin (15.4 ppg) could lead them out of that slump. A trio of Sailor seniors — Matt McRae, John Foster, and David Cox — won’t go down easily, though. Tim Healey
Tim Healey can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter@timbhealey.