Nick Anson , Braintree: Boasting a .913 save percentage and 2.00 goals against average, the junior goalie allowed just one goal in wins over Billerica (6-1) and Framingham (2-0). The shutout of the Flyers, Anson’s fourth in three weeks, was especially important, as the teams are now tied atop the Bay State Conference’s Carey Division at 10-2.
Jane Freda , Hingham: In a busy three-game week for the Harbormen, the senior forward extended her team highs in goals (22) and assists (12) with three points against Braintree and one against St. Mary’s (Lynn). Her tally against the Spartans was one of two in the final three minutes that forced a 2-2 tie.
Tori Dinger , Norwell: The senior forward scored five goals in a pair of games, and although the Clippers fell to Cohasset/Hanover on Wednesday, the captain’s four goals vs. Bourne/Mashpee/Wareham on Saturday helped Norwell qualify for the state postseason tournament.
Jimmy Tierney , Oliver Ames: The Tigers held on to second place in the Hockomock League’s Davenport Division thanks to a pair of wins (6-1 over Milford and 4-0 over Attleboro) behind strong games from the sophomore netminder. Tierney’s shutout of the Bombardiers, a team averaging nearly four goals per game, was the first for Attleboro this season.
Mike Walsh , Abington: The senior defenseman’s pair of unassisted goals in a 6-1 over Hull on Saturday helped the Green Wave gain some crucial breathing room over Norwell and Rockland in the South Shore League standings.
Healey’s Top 10 boys’ teams
(Records through Sunday, with next game listed)
1. Duxbury (11-1-4); Sat., vs. Pembroke, 3:20
2. Hingham (11-5-1); Sat., at Marshfield, 6:10
3. Norwood (9-2-2); Sat., at Walpole, 6:50
4. Archbishop Williams (10-2-3); Wed., at Austin Prep, 6
5. Marshfield (12-4); Sat., vs. Hingham, 6:10
6. Braintree (12-3-1); Sat., vs. Weymouth, 8
7. Xaverian (6-6-3); Sat., at Catholic Memorial, 7
8. Canton (12-3); Sat., at Mansfield, 8:40
9. Silver Lake Regional (11-2-2); Sat., at Quincy, 7:50
10. Walpole (8-3-5); Sat., vs. Norwood, 6:50
Healey’s Top 10 girls’ teams
1. Duxbury (14-1-1); Sat., vs. Gardner/St. Bernard’s, 6:45
2. Hingham (9-5-2); Sat., vs. Canton, 6
3. Canton (14-2); Sat., at Hingham, 6
4. Braintree (8-4-3); Sat., at Weymouth, 10 a.m.
5. Archbishop Williams (12-4); Thurs., vs. Mansfield/Oliver Ames, 7:40
6. Norwood (9-3-2); Sat., vs. Walpole, 6
7. Fontbonne (8-6-2); Thurs., vs. Notre Dame (Hingham), 4
8. Westwood (8-5-2); Sat., vs. Medway/Ashland, 8
9. Walpole (9-5-1); Sat., at Norwood, 6
10. Norwell (8-2-4); Sat., at Whitman-Hanson/Pembroke, 1:50
Boys’ Game of the Week
Archbishop Williams at Austin Prep, Wednesday, 6 p.m.: This Catholic Conference matchup features two of the top teams in the state. Derackk Curtis and the Archies are riding an 11-game unbeaten streak behind the play of a pair of junior forwards, Michael Sorenti (14 goals, 10 assists) and Mike Jessman (8 goals, 13 assists), and senior goalie Joe Vinay, the owner of a stingy .934 save percentage and 1.80 goals-against average. The Cougars, though, feature an offense averaging more than four goals per game. The teams both have 6-0-2 records in conference play, so this game could go a long way in determining the league champ.