THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

Peabody man's family sues plumber over death

December 23, 2011
Text size +
  • E-mail
  • E-mail this article

    Invalid E-mail address
    Invalid E-mail address

    Sending your article

    Your article has been sent.

PEABODY, Mass.—The daughter of an elderly Peabody man killed when his heating system malfunctioned and filled his home with toxic smoke and gases has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the plumbing company that installed his boiler.

The Salem News (http://bit.ly/vnz2FA) reports the suit filed Thursday by Diane Desmond alleges that Burke and Sons Plumbing and Heating violated safety codes, never obtained a permit from the city for the work and never performed a combustion test after the boiler was installed in August 2009.

Desmond's father, 86-year-old Joseph Andrade, was found dead in February.

Authorities say he died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Several responding officers needed treatment at a hospital for exposure to the air inside the home.

The company did not return calls for comment.

------

Information from: The Salem (Mass.) News, http://www.salemnews.com

  • E-mail
  • E-mail this article

    Invalid E-mail address
    Invalid E-mail address

    Sending your article

    Your article has been sent.


    waiting for twitterWaiting for Twitter to feed in the latest...